To those that have taken multiple tests

I gotta get after some exams here. I will probably start some AM exams by the end of the weekend.

do the free sample to dip your toe in. probably the best bet to get the ball rolling then you’ll turn into a test taking maniac. i’m burned out on this, man. i want to be done.

I took it this afternoon.

I am feeling toasty too.

dude. score.

on second thought. if you don’t want to, don’t.

You’ve got mail.

so the free sample online is only 30 questions? so far i’ve done all of volume 2, and 2/3 of volume 1. going to do '07 essays this weekend w/ the sample for p.m. wish it were full, though…

Yeah only 30 questions. You could do more than one sample though. You would have to pay for the others.

yeah, think i’ll save the paid sample/mocks for a little closer, since they seem to so closely resemble the real deal

I took the mock and I don’t want to leak the questions to you guys who still got to take it … but it asks you to perform calculations on a topic Schweser says we need to know only conceptually and no calculations required. So that was a good exposure. Well i have taken all sample exams and the mock. I took only 2 exams from Schweser volume 1, but can tell the variety of question in CFAI tests were different and I like the exposure. Doing a few CFAI past exams now.

someone at work went to windsor, and instructurs said not to bother with exams before 2006, as the material has changed quite a bit. So 2006 onwards should be a rep of the exam.

I am doing 2006 questions and thought the same, especially the behavior questions I totally have no idea if they are covered in the texts. Btw I haven’t times myself yet, but will do so with scheweser

yeah. there’s a ton of stuff even in 2006 that i either had no clue about or wasn’t covered in this year’s curriculum. probably a solid combination of both.

I think the IPS questions are relevant , however they will not ask you to determine asset allocations like some of of the pre- 2006 exams , if anything they will give you the allocations and ask you to pick a portfolio . The questions have become more specific and objective over the years ( as per the schweser Profs @ windsor ) . I think we can still do the old exam Q’s for practice and I would only worry about the RRTTLLU part of the Q .

yeah. the ips questions are all still useful. but in the other areas, when they start pulling out terms that I haven’t even read, that gets a bit annoying.l

cfaSF1 , BLACKSWAN AND MWVT9 ARE U GUYS DOING OR PLANNING TO DO Q BANK???/ WHATS YOUR STRAEGY FOR LAST TWO WEEK??? I AM PLANNING TO REAd ALL CURRICULUM FROM CFAI TEXT AND THEN SPEND REST OF TIME WITH SCHWESER 6 EXAMS AND CFAI [PAST EXAMS…ANY THOUGHTS ???

You’re going to read the CFAI text now? That’s very ambitious. I might read Schweser again, but not the text.

dude, you are fired up tonight, shuaps. lol. i’ve been doing qbank here and there. whenever i have time. i’m about 45% done @ 77%. not too impressive. wait. what do you mean you’re going to read all curriculum? i spent today rereading schweser on areas i feel like i need help on. like institutional ips and fixed income. after i read for about an hour, i broke it up and did some am questions out of volume 2… probably will do that again tomorrow. then the rest of volume 1 schweser tests, 2008, mock and paid sample… man. that’s a lot left to do and i’m still feeling pretty unsure about all of it.

what about you mcleod. what in the world are you doing now? you were ready to pass this thing last week!