To those that have taken multiple tests

Why does the Schweser Vol. 2 Exam 1 AM have so much sh!t on alternative assets? It’s like 1/2 of the test? Apparently I need to reread some of that stuff.

Damn, I don’t know what I’m going to do now. I’ll probably take the Mock and the 2007 exam some time around memorial day. Until then I think I’ll re-read some stuff in Schweser, and try to hit the major calculation type questions. I’ll probably take the paid samples in the days leading up to the exam. Time is just keeps ticking by…

cfasf: Is it worth taking the other Schweser book 2 essay exams? Aren’t they all screwed up?

unlike you, i’m feeling extremely underprepared. so what’s your verdict? you think schweser exams are too easy this year? i really thought the cfai 2007 was the best past exam so far as far as relevance goes.

i took the first one in volume 2. both am and pm and i thought it was decent. no huge mistakes. then i tried to take the second one and there was all kinds of sht wrong with it. you have to print out a vignette from the errata before you take it… i just got frustrated and stopped and now use volume 2 as practice, not in exam like conditions. just as quizzes. not sure about the third test. i think i saw somewhere that it was ok.

I don’t know what to think about Schweser. Part of the difficulty of Schweser exams is getting past the poor wording, bad questions, etc. I like the format of the CFAI exams better, but the 2008 exam was a b!tch in terms of time constraints. Like you said, the old CFAI exams suck because there’s so many questions which are no longer relevant. I still don’t feel like I’ve got my “style” down for the essay questions. You just never know how much you’re supposed to write. Sometimes I write a paragraph and the guidance answer is one sentence, and I’m leaving stuff out that should be included.

i should probably do that 2008 test before any more time passes so i can shake off the shock in the short time we have left.

anyone take Schweser Book 1 Exam 3 (am)? i thought i was doing ok on the first two am exams, but this one tore me a new one. i would guess 60%. that and combining currency IRP/bond breakevens. ugh, i knew it wasn’t that hard, but i’m tired and its getting late. at least we have over 3 weeks left :slight_smile:

KRochelli Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone take Schweser Book 1 Exam 3 (am)? i > thought i was doing ok on the first two am exams, > but this one tore me a new one. i would guess > 60%. > > that and combining currency IRP/bond breakevens. > ugh, i knew it wasn’t that hard, but i’m tired and > its getting late. > > at least we have over 3 weeks left :slight_smile: I took this one today, did (in my guess) about 68 on it. Could be higher/lower. But the afternoon session kinda fried my cookies. I thought the wording was a bit tricky and a few things I stone cold forgot. What was your experience on the afternoon session? Forgot to add: I got an 80% on the test 2 PM session (book 2) but got ripped on test 3. Anyone else hose it up too?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I was reading the pensions portion, I > repeatedly caught myself reading DB in the text as > “deuche bag” in my head. Somewhat more surprising > is that the logic of the text still seemed to be > making intuitive sense. I do the exact same thing! Seriously. Every time I see DB, I think douche Bag. (as opposed to you, who thinks deuche bag, which I’m guessing has something to do with Deutsche Bank ?)

smarshy- haven’t taken the PM session. that is work for Sunday. i think the am just threw me off b/c it was mostly written and very high level stuff. i’ve been in the weeds the past week or two, so shows what i need to go back and work on.