Top 5 Afers Alltime

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have trouble with these kinds of ranking > questions, because recency bias kicks in and I > find myself forgetting lots of people who maybe > should be considered. But here’s who comes to > mind. > > 1) JDV… anyone who has read his stuff for a > while knows he needs to be here. > > Others I like: > > * Numi… very thoughtful stuff. Great for > understanding the PE world and aspects of Equity > Research. Also useful insights into the workaday > world and office politics. > > * MattLikesAnalysis… often gets me thinking. I > don’t always agree with his analysis, but it’s > often a useful starting point for thinking about > things. > > * spierce, sometimes a little caustic, but draws > on what’s clearly a deep knowledge base. Also he > has a nice balance between macro thinking and > knowledge about how the investment instruments > work. Somehow getting spierce p!ssed off seems to > be the best way to get him to post good stuff. Or > maybe he just posts it when he’s exasperated > enough to say “you’re full of it; here’s the deal” > and delivers something really good. > > * VirginCFAHooker, gets himself booted AF all the > time with stupid stuff about p*orn and cr*p like > that, which is a pity, because now he’s gone > permanently it seems. He would come up with lots > really interesting ideas from a value investing > perspective and doesn’t mind sharing. I also > learned about a number of free or inexpensive data > sources from him. > > > Other names that come up that I often take > seriously are: ws, mobius striptease, mo34, > The.Unit.Root, akanska, Bambi, AliMan. > > IHIHM is capable of producing interesting posts, > but lately its just been a bunch of cr*p about > getting his pole waxed and hitting on anything > sounding vaguely female. And he seems to have a > case of young-BSD syndrome. The signal to noise > ratio is really bad there, which is a pity, > because the signal can be good when it’s there. > > Anyway, I know that there are others whose > contributions I respect, but I may be forgetting > them, possibly because they haven’t posted > recently or don’t post often anymore. > > > BTW, I’m happy to have made some people’s lists > here. Makes me feel that the time I spend here is > worthwhile. Solid 6,000th post.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have trouble with these kinds of ranking > questions, because recency bias kicks in and I > find myself forgetting lots of people who maybe > should be considered. But here’s who comes to > mind. > > 1) JDV… anyone who has read his stuff for a > while knows he needs to be here. > > Others I like: > > * Numi… very thoughtful stuff. Great for > understanding the PE world and aspects of Equity > Research. Also useful insights into the workaday > world and office politics. > > * MattLikesAnalysis… often gets me thinking. I > don’t always agree with his analysis, but it’s > often a useful starting point for thinking about > things. > > * spierce, sometimes a little caustic, but draws > on what’s clearly a deep knowledge base. Also he > has a nice balance between macro thinking and > knowledge about how the investment instruments > work. Somehow getting spierce p!ssed off seems to > be the best way to get him to post good stuff. Or > maybe he just posts it when he’s exasperated > enough to say “you’re full of it; here’s the deal” > and delivers something really good. > > * VirginCFAHooker, gets himself booted AF all the > time with stupid stuff about p*orn and cr*p like > that, which is a pity, because now he’s gone > permanently it seems. He would come up with lots > really interesting ideas from a value investing > perspective and doesn’t mind sharing. I also > learned about a number of free or inexpensive data > sources from him. > > > Other names that come up that I often take > seriously are: ws, mobius striptease, mo34, > The.Unit.Root, akanska, Bambi, AliMan. > > IHIHM is capable of producing interesting posts, > but lately its just been a bunch of cr*p about > getting his pole waxed and hitting on anything > sounding vaguely female. And he seems to have a > case of young-BSD syndrome. The signal to noise > ratio is really bad there, which is a pity, > because the signal can be good when it’s there. > > Anyway, I know that there are others whose > contributions I respect, but I may be forgetting > them, possibly because they haven’t posted > recently or don’t post often anymore. > > > BTW, I’m happy to have made some people’s lists > here. Makes me feel that the time I spend here is > worthwhile. I think this is the most objective assessment. I also note that akanska is the only female to have made to your list. While I agree she is hot(unless being Polish also mattered to you, we know you love things Russian), I concur with you she has been around long enough and upheld discussions with civility. Sad you have also missed null&nuller.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have trouble with these kinds of ranking > > questions, because recency bias kicks in and I > > find myself forgetting lots of people who maybe > > should be considered. But here’s who comes to > > mind. > > > > 1) JDV… anyone who has read his stuff for a > > while knows he needs to be here. > > > > Others I like: > > > > * Numi… very thoughtful stuff. Great for > > understanding the PE world and aspects of > Equity > > Research. Also useful insights into the > workaday > > world and office politics. > > > > * MattLikesAnalysis… often gets me thinking. > I > > don’t always agree with his analysis, but it’s > > often a useful starting point for thinking > about > > things. > > > > * spierce, sometimes a little caustic, but > draws > > on what’s clearly a deep knowledge base. Also > he > > has a nice balance between macro thinking and > > knowledge about how the investment instruments > > work. Somehow getting spierce p!ssed off seems > to > > be the best way to get him to post good stuff. > Or > > maybe he just posts it when he’s exasperated > > enough to say “you’re full of it; here’s the > deal” > > and delivers something really good. > > > > * VirginCFAHooker, gets himself booted AF all > the > > time with stupid stuff about p*orn and cr*p > like > > that, which is a pity, because now he’s gone > > permanently it seems. He would come up with > lots > > really interesting ideas from a value investing > > perspective and doesn’t mind sharing. I also > > learned about a number of free or inexpensive > data > > sources from him. > > > > > > Other names that come up that I often take > > seriously are: ws, mobius striptease, mo34, > > The.Unit.Root, akanska, Bambi, AliMan. > > > > IHIHM is capable of producing interesting > posts, > > but lately its just been a bunch of cr*p about > > getting his pole waxed and hitting on anything > > sounding vaguely female. And he seems to have > a > > case of young-BSD syndrome. The signal to > noise > > ratio is really bad there, which is a pity, > > because the signal can be good when it’s there. > > > > Anyway, I know that there are others whose > > contributions I respect, but I may be > forgetting > > them, possibly because they haven’t posted > > recently or don’t post often anymore. > > > > > > BTW, I’m happy to have made some people’s lists > > here. Makes me feel that the time I spend here > is > > worthwhile. > > > I think this is the most objective assessment. I > also note that akanska is the only female to have > made to your list. While I agree she is hot(unless > being Polish also mattered to you, we know you > love things Russian), I concur with you she has > been around long enough and upheld discussions > with civility. Sad you have also missed > null&nuller. there is a second female in his list ;=))