Top 5 Afers Alltime

I think we are all forgetting Stalla Guy/Girl. I mean, I see him/her on here ALL the time. They need to get a life, seriously.

JDV bchad *McLeod81 (not big in GD section but dominated L II and III boards) *plyon *slouiscar (greatest “real american hero” songs each year) * - I am biased to my own AF class honorable mention bostonkev, farley

How can we forget VirginCFAHooker!!!??

haha. thanks for the nomination IHIHM. But I did give you your name after all ;D and former, no man, you do have 1000+ posts and i remember you from back in the day.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think we are all forgetting Stalla Guy/Girl. I > mean, I see him/her on here ALL the time. They > need to get a life, seriously. lou kang?

B Chadwick>>>>>>>>MattLikesAnal>>Sublimity when he’s on his game which is rarely

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! Them’s be fightin’ words!!! JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks donkey. Nice to see you horsing around, you > will get there. Someday. And, maybe, become a > horse. > > In the scheme of things, you should not appear > anywhere featuring “top” - on this and anyother > board. The mere fact that Chad is a gentleman, and > has been generous enough to allow you post here > does not mean you add any value. In addition, that > some Low Self Esteem clowns here (I am willing to > name them, to make it easier for you and still > fight all of you because you are all idiots) think > you are of any use here - gives you some sense of > false hope that you add value(yes, nuisance value) > . Your ego is still built on sand - and may be > that spreadsheet of yours. > > Bring it on.

“all time” seems to be heavily biased to recent posters. The loss of the Off Topic section ended the life of some of the greats and any history of former greats The Pod Junior Trader guest (rumor is he’s stuck on a yellow bus underwater in New Orleans) Ted and many many others. Also, special mention to UpinNH

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ she says thanks! : ) tell her I said “thanks” too

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ she says thanks! : ) > > > tell her I said “thanks” too K, gotcha. : )

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > B Chadwick>>>>>>>>MattLikesAnal>>Sublimity when > he’s on his game which is rarely i spend more time on your mother than on my game.

thommo77, iheartiheartmath- thanks and glad you found it funny!

scandoworker was the greatest. Just ask KarenC nuff said

soppisoppi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > scandoworker was the greatest. > > Just ask KarenC > > nuff said You’re in my top 5 bro.

Amazing no one has mentioned null&nuller, one of the smartest guys with a combination of both theory and practice.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amazing no one has mentioned null&nuller, one of > the smartest guys with a combination of both > theory and practice. That sounds like two people though. So would he be top 1&2, what if one was #5, would the other be #6?

soppisoppi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > scandoworker was the greatest. > > Just ask KarenC > > nuff said that guy was the reason I left for a few months!

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amazing no one has mentioned null&nuller, one of > the smartest guys with a combination of both > theory and practice. He was good.

I have trouble with these kinds of ranking questions, because recency bias kicks in and I find myself forgetting lots of people who maybe should be considered. But here’s who comes to mind. 1) JDV… anyone who has read his stuff for a while knows he needs to be here. Others I like: * Numi… very thoughtful stuff. Great for understanding the PE world and aspects of Equity Research. Also useful insights into the workaday world and office politics. * MattLikesAnalysis… often gets me thinking. I don’t always agree with his analysis, but it’s often a useful starting point for thinking about things. * spierce, sometimes a little caustic, but draws on what’s clearly a deep knowledge base. Also he has a nice balance between macro thinking and knowledge about how the investment instruments work. Somehow getting spierce p!ssed off seems to be the best way to get him to post good stuff. Or maybe he just posts it when he’s exasperated enough to say “you’re full of it; here’s the deal” and delivers something really good. * VirginCFAHooker, gets himself booted AF all the time with stupid stuff about p*orn and cr*p like that, which is a pity, because now he’s gone permanently it seems. He would come up with lots really interesting ideas from a value investing perspective and doesn’t mind sharing. I also learned about a number of free or inexpensive data sources from him. Other names that come up that I often take seriously are: ws, mobius striptease, mo34, The.Unit.Root, akanska, Bambi, AliMan. IHIHM is capable of producing interesting posts, but lately its just been a bunch of cr*p about getting his pole waxed and hitting on anything sounding vaguely female. And he seems to have a case of young-BSD syndrome. The signal to noise ratio is really bad there, which is a pity, because the signal can be good when it’s there. Anyway, I know that there are others whose contributions I respect, but I may be forgetting them, possibly because they haven’t posted recently or don’t post often anymore. BTW, I’m happy to have made some people’s lists here. Makes me feel that the time I spend here is worthwhile.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Amazing no one has mentioned null&nuller, one > of > > the smartest guys with a combination of both > > theory and practice. > > > > That sounds like two people though. So would he be > top 1&2, what if one was #5, would the other be > #6? It is one. Reminds me you have not been here long enough. But still think you can go places, granted you listen to the right voices.