Top B-Schools for Finance

http://poetsandquants.com/2011/03/16/whos-the-b-school-king-of-finance/2/

Harvard isn’t in the top 5? Ya - right… MBA isn’t about the education, it’s about the connections and prestige.

In my book for asset management: Wharton Booth Columbia

Well, it depends on what methodology they use, right? If I were doing this ranking, the methodology would be: 1. Career placement 2. Everything else US News includes peer review, graduation rates, alumni giving, and other stuff that adds up to produce these rankings. But really, if I am about to shell out $150k plus opportunity cost, I want to be sure that my future job is going to pay off. For that reason, it’s hard to justify putting, for instance, UCLA ahead of Harvard. Not that I have anything against UCLA - it’s just a random example. Plus, everyone knows Stanford is the best school. Also, Stanford is not in Palo Alto - it is in Stanford, CA. Come to think of it, Harvard is in Cambridge, not Boston like that list says. Ok, this list is bullsh*t. Who the hell proof reads this thing?

What are your guys thoughts on international MBA programs, such as INSEAD in Paris and IE in Spain? What level of US school would they be comparable to in terms of quality and career placement for finance in the US?

^ Not so favorable in general

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In my book for asset management: > > Miami > Beverly Hills > Hong King fify

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Not so favorable in general What about LBS?

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Not so favorable in general What about LBS?

It’s just Finance departments ranking. What does career placement has to do with it? They should just consider the number and quality of professors, as well as research and technology of finance departments. Seems fair to me.

As long as we all up millionaires (inflation adjusted of course), what’s the problem here?

Loyola and Fordham in front of Yale and Cornell? That cannot be right. Also, where is UNC - KF on the list?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Come to think of it, Harvard is in Cambridge, not > Boston like that list says. Actually HBS is in Boston - it’s one of the Harvard’s only schools/programs outside of Cambridge.

mik82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, where is UNC - KF on the list? why would they be on the list?

UNC - KF is a great school for finance (inv mgmt). I don’t see how others school can be on that list.

mik82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > UNC - KF is a great school for finance (inv mgmt). > I don’t see how others school can be on that list. Fuqua>Darden>KF in that order.

At Wake 2000: I agree with that order. I don’t see Darden on that list.

The 2011 Mossy695 Top 15 Finance MBA Rankings: 1. HBS 2. Stanford 3. Wharton 4. Chicago Booth 5. Columbia 6. NYU Stern 7. NW Kellogg 8. MIT Sloan 9. Dartmouth Tuck 10. Yale SOM 11. UCB Haas 12. UofM Ross 13. Cornell Johnson 14. UVA Darden 15. Duke Fuqua

mossy695 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- here’s mine - in no particular order > 1. HBS > 2. Wharton > 3. Chicago Booth > 4. MIT Sloan > 5. Stanford > 6. Columbia > 7. Dartmouth Tuck > 8. Yale SOM > 9. Duke Fuqua > 10. UCB Haas > 11. NYU Stern > 12. NW Kellogg > 13. UofM Ross > 14. UVA Darden > 15. UCLA

mar350: Why do you rank MIT so high? They only send 22% of their class into finance, versus nearly half for schools like Booth, Columbia, and Stern. Doesn’t seem like a school that sends barely a fifth of its students into finance can be considered a top 5 finance school.