Toronto Society approval timeline?

Just got an email back from the Toronto society, apparently we should have our approval emails by the end of this week.

Thank you for keeping us updated DPACK

Thank you for keeping us updated DPACK

frustrating, received an email this morning with subject line that says “Elevate your charter” from the Toronto society, but no info on how to pay dues etc, in the cfai website, status is still under review…will call the society shortly.

Got that email last night. I called them yesterday and was told that since I was only put into the queue last weekend, I missed the deadline for the August meeting and have to wait 3 weeks. Very frustrating as we’re moving offices which means I have to change my business card so I either take the risk and order the “,CFA” or wait a month to get the response from the society and then another 2 weeks for my cards. Damnit.

I hope that’s not the case, I applied for membership on August 10th, 2016.

I feel like that email was just a promotional email for the Toronto society, not the activation one.

So excited for nothing - nice of them to get our hopes up lol

I just activated my membership to both local society and CFA. I really didn’t want to activate local society but I did it anyways because my company pays. However, I remember reading that we don’t need local membership. Can someone please confirm again that that’s the case?

Thanks!

Did you get an approval email frost? What society did you apply to?

Just got the email from CFA Institute saying my regular membership has been approved! It has a link to activate and the membership application page says approved, even though it still shows 0 of 0 months under the Toronto society row and 115 on the CFA Institute level. Will be paying my dues for both and hopefully I’ll see the letters behind my name soon!

congrats…did you also receive the “Elevate your CFA Charter” email earlier today or yesterday?

Paid and it updated right away to say awarded the charter on August 30th!!!

Yes, got that around 3am!

Yeah, i did get one. and I found myself under the CFA directory with an approval date of today (august 30th, 2016). needless to say, I rushed to change my name in every social networking site LOL

Oh and it was CFA society Toronto

Hahaha, ditto. Seeing that in black and white was such a rush!

nice, did the status on CFAI’s website indicate approved as well?

I’m clearly obsessing now…sorry.

Yes, it did. Clicking on the activate link on the membership page takes you to a series of screens which result in the payment options, you can uncheck local society at that point if you choose to. My employer reimburses, so I did both. And then when you look yourself up in the member directory, it’ll say awarded CFA charter and the date you paid.