Tough Mudder Events

http://toughmudder.com/ Forbes Sports Money featuring Tough Mudder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPDStSAzBk anyone thinking of doing these? looks pretty fun. thinking of doing the CO event - - started by an HBS grad who was a former british spec ops soldier

I did one once, one of my boys won the thing. They market it as way more hardcore than it is…good time all the same.

You should join the American Ninja reality show. Sure it’s a bunch of guys falling off the same obstacle course, but it’s really entertaining for some reason…

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did one once, one of my boys won the thing. > They market it as way more hardcore than it > is…good time all the same. cool I want to get top 5% to qualify for their 48hr , 50mi race - - i’m sure that would be a crazy experience . . . I like to get delirious . . . my old spec ops roommate is going to try to get top 5% with me - should be a good time

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: > I want to get top 5% to qualify for their 48hr , > 50mi race - - i’m sure that would be a crazy > experience . . . I like to get delirious . . . my > old spec ops roommate is going to try to get top > 5% with me - should be a good time That’s a worthy goal. Plus you can get a free tattoo, so it practically pays for itself, haha. I didn’t realize how they were setting up this season. It looks like they are dialing up the difficulty a bit, which is good in my opinion. Last time I did one it was not as tough as a difficult crossfit workout.

mwvt9 and I are doing the one in Allentown PA (Sunday Event). Not sure if there are still openings.

Looks like a ton of fun, great way to spend a day with friends outdoors, good exercise, sure to be some good laughs. I’m fully prepared to embarrass myself with the electric wires. Not sure if I’d hype it up as more than that though or treat it as an endurance super event. Who knows though, I haven’t run it yet and I’ve notoriously underestimated obstacles in the past.

Black Swan is running a 50 miler the day before just to level the playing field for everybody else!

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 and I are doing the one in Allentown PA > (Sunday Event). Not sure if there are still > openings. damn - yeah that one just closed - - I live closer to PA than CO…

We’ll crush it for you and report back.

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brain_wash_your_face Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I did one once, one of my boys won the thing. > > They market it as way more hardcore than it > > is…good time all the same. > > > cool > > I want to get top 5% to qualify for their 48hr , > 50mi race - - i’m sure that would be a crazy > experience . . . I like to get delirious . . . my > old spec ops roommate is going to try to get top > 5% with me - should be a good time Depending what you’re looking for, there are other options. What state are you in?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > brain_wash_your_face Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I did one once, one of my boys won the thing. > > > > They market it as way more hardcore than it > > > is…good time all the same. > > > > > > cool > > > > I want to get top 5% to qualify for their 48hr > , > > 50mi race - - i’m sure that would be a crazy > > experience . . . I like to get delirious . . . > my > > old spec ops roommate is going to try to get > top > > 5% with me - should be a good time > > Depending what you’re looking for, there are other > options. What state are you in? i’m out of nyc

There’s a full mud marathon in NJ coming up that’s gonna be wicked. Like knee deep (sometimes waist) swamp crossing. Guarantee you it’ll take more than most other extreme events. It’s got a quarter, half and relay option as well. http://sites.google.com/site/xxctrailseries/muddymarathon

Funny blog post on it: http://www.theathleticperformer.com/2010/05/double-marathon-sort-of.html

http://www.ruggedmaniac.com/national-events.html i’m doing the one in charleston…they have nice bars :slight_smile:

C’mon man, 5K? You’re better than that!

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > C’mon man, 5K? You’re better than that! i am better than that - that’s why i’m going with a few friends to race!!

i’m doing the mudder in wisconsin with a couple buddies. i expect it to be fairly interesting due to our recent lack of physical activity and constant need to one up the others.

If you really wanted to impress me, you’d each pound a four loco’s at the halfway!

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you really wanted to impress me, you’d each > pound a four loco’s at the halfway! i think we only have a case left after it was banned - i’ll see if the group deems this event ‘loco worthy’ and get back to you. i have a case of red bull in case of emergency.