'Traditional masculinity' officially labeled 'harmful' by the American Psychological Association

i would say not masculine. but wehn i did it, i was fishing for women. actually i’ve also heard that people do it to kind of motivate themselves, by keeping themselves honest with peers.

coincidentally. this 25 yo brazilian hot chick i hooked up with a couple years ago posted a selfie because she dyed her hair blonde (she looked amazing). I wanted to compliment her but decided against it, cuz i did the whole sail and bail thing to her (mostly cuz she sucked at english), and also the fact that i have a gf now.

in any case, she also rejected bitcoin a while back as well. it was really bad, cuz bitcoin thought she came for him, but she actually used him to try and get with me. i grinded with her a bit but i was busy networking with other women. in any case, bitcoin undeterred, went for it, but she still rejected him, and it got to a point that he made her cry. (coincidentally, bitcoin also dated her friend’s cousin). anyways it was a very awkward ride home. fast forward now, she is super hot, but i can tell from the selfie that she wants some loving.

so i told bitcoin that this chick wants the d, COMPLIMENT her. he spoke with her via phone. and now they are going on a date! (i am low key jealous) haha i was so excited for him, cuz she is really hot. it was to the point that we called my ibanker friend to talk abotu the turn of events in which he said, he did saw her at the club and she was looking fire. anyways he was so excited he showed a pic to his dad. and his dad was also proud of him. anywayas i told him, this is actually the type of chick that it is worth to blow money over. she is real gold digger material. flex hard, and shower her with everything.

Sounds like bitcoin has no reservations about going sloppy seconds with the Brazilian chick. That shows genuine masculinity, as he is not at all insecure about his relative ranking among peers. Truly, he is a man who grabs life by the handles, so to speak, and pursues what he wants with full freedom and confidence. The second possible explanation is that he might be secretly gay for you and he is trying to utilize some transitive property to become closer. That explains a lot of the things that have been described actually.

Pathetic.

Just warn him in advance that not all transitive properties are curable.

Unless your girl is a virgin, she’s a sloppy second. So let’s not slut shame. Also let’s say Kylie Jenner is dtf, ur not going to say no. If someone is beyond your level it does not matter if Travis Scott skeet all over that, ur going to take it. Bitcoin actually has that beta mindset, like he doesn’t want his friends sloppy seconds, but for this chick, ish worth it! She looks like a lighter skinned Veronica Rodriguez!

yea boi

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1085573461315997696

[video:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw]

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVmCwmC5-kQ]

Ah man… whatever happened to Brendan Fraser.

Ahh Bedazzleds elizabethe hurley!! When I was in 5th grade I would dream of banging her

Wait, you’d have been 11 in fifth grade.

i thought he’s 11 now?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/former-navy-seal-jocko-willink-toxic-masculinity-the-dichotomy-of-being-a-man.amp

So on a high level, I agree with some points he’s making, just want to get that out there.

Separately, I don’t get the fascination with life advise from former blockheads that got paid to shoot up the joint under orders unless that advice directly pertains to something involving a firefight or a region or conflict they have experience in. Outside of that they offer nothing of value for real world situations unless you want your society to reflect a war zone, which is almost by definition an example of a failure or breakdown of society and a manifestation of toxic masculinity. Lets glorify a series of amazing foreign policy failures going back decades that ultimately wound up in us spending trillions of dollars and thousands of US lives bombing sand dunes and domesticating illiterate goat herders. If military types had the real world so figured out we wouldn’t be spending billions of dollars on psychological rehabilitation to keep them from blowing their brains out. What I’m saying is I have no problem with Jocko Willink giving his opinion, but I’m not sure I’m going to bend over and take his opinion because he’s good with a gun any more than I’m going to listen to Steph Curry’s thoughts on anything because he can shoot a great 3 ball.

I think Jocko makes some good points similar to some that I have already mentioned. Many people from a variety of fields value his advice as evidenced by the massive success of his book “Extreme Ownership” and how many corporations have made it mandatory reading or have brought Jocko and Leif in to help with leadership training and corporate team building.

David Goggins, also a SEAL wrote a book recently titled “Cant Hurt Me” where he talked about how hardening his mind, being brutally honest with himself, and escaping the victim mindset he had helped him acheive some amazing things. Definitely a recommended read for the aspiring ultra runners out there but the concepts apply to everyone in just about any situation in life.

And I just flat disagree with the rest of the nonsense you wrote in that 2nd paragraph. Jocko didnt create those foreign policies or necessarily agree with them, he did his duty for his country. Also, I’m not familiar with Steph Curry’s background but he may in fact have some good life advice in him.

^My point isn’t that they can’t make any good points or find useful things from their experiences. I just don’t think being a Navy Seal really adds any real life expertise or credibility unless it somehow relates to shooting stuff. Again, for every Goggins you have a Navy Seal Commander Job Price blowing their brains out. Was Price not masculine enough?

I’m sure many athletes have written books that inspire people and somewhere someone will say the same thing about pop stars writing books or famous actors. I mean Tim Ferris seems to have a cult following like anybody that writes an inspirational book. The last time a bunch of people got all hyped op on David Goggins the forum got in full cheerleading mode and congratulated ACE on his way to running a DNF using the same idiotic advice. The reality is the book’s probably interesting, you can probably get a lot more mileage out of more common sense advice offered by someone who isn’t a freak athlete in a non-representative combat atmosphere. I mean that’s great that Goggins had that experience but achieving a series of athletic feats on talent isn’t going to really be useful life advice anymore than some guy with freakish IQ saying he got over his drug addiction by cramming for tests at the last minute and acing them. For every Goggins you have an “Ultra Marathon Man” book about another shameless self promoter who overcame his terrible personal problems and gave up the corporate life to do incredible endurance feats none of us could replicate and ultimately become an inspirational speaker. It’s inspiring and fun, but mostly just horsesh_i_t. Can people get something from it, probably, but people get something from anything, for reference see lady finds Jesus face in toast.

I’ll leave with this also written by Ed Hiner, a former Seal, but this time about something he might actually have expertise in:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/guest-voices/sd-me-hiner-navyseal-suicide-20170615-story.html

"I don’t like it when something is exaggerated, so when I say that this country is facing an epidemic – even a train wreck – with its tip-of-the-spear veterans, I mean it.

I say this in the wake of two of my SEAL platoon mates from Coronado’ SEAL Team 5 killing themselves in the span of about six months, and another one in long-term inpatient care…

I believe that, just like the saturation diver profile, we must find some way to slowly transition these special warriors out of the service while keeping them tied to the brotherhood that they have lived in for most of their lives.

So anyone in the current administration who has any voice of authority, I hope you’re listening. We need to find a better way of helping our heroes come back to the surface of life."

The point being, these guys are equipped by the Navy for a lot of things and normal society is not one of them.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/18/special-forces-suicide-rates-hit-record-levels-cas/

"The suicide rates for U.S. military members who serve in special forces, like the Navy SEALs and the Army Rangers, have hit all-time highs, said Adm. William McRaven, the head of Special Operations Command.

The rate’s been high for two years, he said, Newsmax reported.

“And this year, I am afraid, we are on path to break that,” he went on at a conference in Tampa. “My soldiers have been fighting now for 12, 13 years in hard combat — hard combat — and anybody that has spent any time in this war has been changed by it. It’s that simple.”

He didn’t provide hard data for the suicide rate, but prior military statistics show that in 2012, more active duty service members died by their own hands — about 350 — than in combat, Newsmax reported. That trend seems to be showing the same for 2013, when 284 service members killed themselves between January and Dec. 15, 2013."

Maybe they all just need to harden the f up and read the Goggins book…

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=117&v=x_HL0wiK4Zc]

If you read Goggins book he specifically says do not write him off as a special case or idolize him like superman. He came from nothing, was abused, had a heart condition that should have prevented him from ever qualifying for the SEALs and its a miracle he didn’t die on any of his dives, freefalls, training evolutions or ultras. He specifically states “anyone is capable of doing what I did.” Maybe you are not, maybe im not but it is more for a lack of believing and trying than anything else. I have no desire to run ultras or be a SEAL but I get that if I took that kind of mindset and applied it to just about anything I could achieve much more than I thought possible.

What exactly are you trying to say with the suicide figures of military guys? That the overabundance of toxic masculinity they endured caused it? War isn’t going away and we need masculine warfighters. Why is it that these guys coming back from war feel alienated and in some cases are committing suicide? I suggest you watch Sebastian Junger’s ted talk that specifically addresses this question. Https://www.ted.com/talks/sebastian_junger_our_lonely_society_makes_it_hard_to_come_home_from_war/up-next?language=en#t-47578

Spoiler- it’s our fucked up modern society.

You lost me on the last part, so the reason all these guys are coming back and going nuts is because of a society that has much lower suicide rates and not what happened when deployed? Taking Junger’s input as saying society is the problem is kind of missing the point of why this seems to be happening to the people that were deployed and the fact that suicide is a real problem even among deployed troops that aren’t even in our terrible “modern society”. My point was that when people write that we should all be stoic, manly, blah blah blah like the military guys because the military has it all figured out and meanwhile more military people are dying of suicide than combat and its reached epidemic proportions by their own account, I have to call bullsh*t on them and their poorly reasoned shtick. Seems like they should be taking advice for living in the real world not giving it. Maybe it is the overabundance of toxic masculinity causing it. Maybe they don’t know how to deal with emotions in a healthy manner, maybe its the culture they buy into, maybe its the mandatory brainwashing they go through at camp.

Maybe war isn’t going away, but the US seems to always keep creating them through idiotic policy errors bred from decades of trying to solve every disagreement with a military intervention and a cultural fetish for the military that leaves us spending more than the next 10 countries combined while our schools suck, we have no free healthcare, infrastructure rots, we grow the deficit and we have a ballooning student debt issue. We haven’t seen a problem we couldn’t solve with a bombing. In the words of Munger, to the man with a hammer the whole world looks like a nail. Maybe if we used a little less toxic masculinity we’d wouldn’t be constantly digging ourselves out of a hole.

If that’s Goggin’s line then isn’t it reasonable to assume he didn’t know what he was talking about before and doesn’t now? If he was a poorly adjusted person with bad mental health and resorted to these things to find sanity it’s like someone from a psyche ward saying ECT/drugs/lobotomy worked for them, therefore everyone should do ECT/drugs/lobotomy. Maybe I’ll just take my advice from someone that didn’t resort to acting like an idiot to attempt to live a healthy life.

And yes, I’ve run ultras and 48 hour adventure races among other similar things. It was great, a great learning experience, but I didn’t write a book about it, most of the people doing this are actually pretty effeminate beta types (or actual women) and I think trying to draw elaborate conclusions about life and masculinity from it is just a bunch of empty hyperbole.

military should focus on improving miltiary tech instead. we need death star! i don understand why every country wont just bend the knee to the us so we can all be unified and broaden our horizons and hopefully colonize and conquer aliens.