Trump & Biden: Debate #1

Who’s going to watch the debate tonight?
Will Donald “The Orange Man” Trump throw some heavy haymakers and resort to his go-to heckling strategy? Is Joe “Cop-a-feel” Biden ready for the bright lights and will he manage to keep the gaffes to a minimum?

Discuss, tanks!

I hope that the moderators will keep Trump in check.

Biden’s going to have to bite his tongue more than once; let’s hope that he’s up to that.

Will there be real-time fact checking? I hope so.

It’s either hang out with this chick, or watch the debate.

I honestly think I’m choosing the debate.

debate and chill

1 Like

Aren’t you in Britain?

I’m watching for sure. May take a nap so I can stay up that late :joy:

1 Like

he’s a colorado man.

Yeah. I used to live there when I was in high school. But now stateside.

You can catch the debate highlights later.

Bend her over in front of a window so she can admire your wall handiwork whilst admiring your ahem handy work.

If I had a choice of getting laid or watching a political debate…really? Is this even a question?

I’m 40, been getting the same poon for thirteen years now, and I would still choose that over watching a debate.

1 Like

First things first - who’s the smoke behind the moderator?

Biden didn’t do bad. But I give it to trump. Biden definitely got a lot of help from moderator.
Overall I think Biden will keep his lead. Biden has to do just ok and he definitely did. He looked rattled at times, but trump was just annoying.
Anyways trump spent a lot of time obsessing over 3.5m for Biden’s kid. He prolly avoided much more in taxes. Haha

“Would you shut up, man?”

“Donald, would you just be quiet for a minute?”

I love it!

Biden called him a clown numerous times too. I’m surprised he didn’t use more adjective like orange clown. Anyways the name calling and disrespect was extremely high on both sides. Seems to be just getting worse and worse every 4 years.

Trump was asked to denounce white supremacy and he couldn’t do it.

He said that Proud Boys - a white supremacist group - should “stand by” and the group is showing a lot of enthusiasm about that online. So, think about that. The president of the United States is encouraging white supremacist groups.

If you vote for Trump after this kind of thing, never wave an American flag in my face again.

Nerdy in heaven

The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) Tweeted:
Right-wing extremists take to social media to celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ comment https://t.co/LVaPyr8JJS

To be fair, he did say that he is “willing to do that” and then went on a rant about how it’s mostly the radical left who is responsible for the violence.

Huh. Well, it sure seems that despite all this ambiguity, the white supremacists who he coddles got the message loud and clear…

" Members of the Proud Boys, a far-right group that has endorsed violence, celebrated on Tuesday night after President Trump mentioned them during the first presidential debate. Asked whether he condemned white supremacists and military groups, Mr. Trump demurred and then said, “Proud Boys — stand back and stand by.”

Within minutes, members of the group were posting in private social media channels, calling the president’s comments “historic.” In one channel dedicated to the Proud Boys on Telegram, a private messaging app, group members called the president’s comment a tacit endorsement of their violent tactics.

In another message, a member commented that the group was already seeing a spike in “new recruits.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-proud-boys-biden.html

I’m not arguing against you. It’s just that people seem to pick and choose sentences out of context so that it fits their own narrative like a glove. Yes, Trump’s response to the question was bad and scary to say the least, but I really don’t see a point in trying to make it look even worse by leaving out the first part of his response.

"Asked whether he would condemn white supremacists and militia groups and tell them to stand down in violent clashes such as those in Kenosha, Wis., and Portland, Ore., Mr. Trump said: “Sure, I’m willing to do that,” adding: “But I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing. Not from the right-wing.
Mr. Wallace and Mr. Biden continued to push him on the topic, with Mr. Biden encouraging him to denounce the group the Proud Boys, which has been designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. Mr. Trump said, “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by…Somebody has got to do something about antifa and the left.”

Well, if you’re president of the United States, I think if you’re given the opportunity to denounce white supremacy, it should be a job requirement that you do so unambiguously. That didn’t happen.