TSLA

Thoughts on going private? GSO guys are saying there’s no market to finance the company with debt and would have to be an equity position. Who’s dumb enough to sink 60 billion into TSLA?

Not sure why he’s so focused on short sellers. I mean the company is valued at 150% of F, if you closed every short position in the company I’m not sure hom much higher in valuation the company could go.

i read his blog. he doesnt plan to buy every share out. he will give others a chance to stay with the private co. (lolzars to ppl who stay). there are some valid reasons but im sure its more about his ego and everyone telling him how to behave.

1. he just doesnt want people to bet against his company. they are the most shorted in terms of dollars. imagine a guy not buying your superior shit jus cuz they are short your co.

2. he’s very likely not going to meet his profit targets for the year so he doesnt want to be seen as a failure. he doesnt want to put up with the wall street culture of meeting profit targets on a quarterly basis.

3. he prolyl doesnt want to focus on profits at this point. i feel that scale is more important, and him needing to raise prices on the model 3 is a terrible idea. he needs to get everything operational.

For such a successful guy, why does Elon have such a small dick? Anyway, who cares about fundamentals when you can get some Saudis who don’t give a sh*t to pay a 50% premium for a trophy investment? Those guys are bored of Bugatti and yachts, so they want the next thing, which is name brand companies.

It’s been interesting to watch.

Matt Levine analysis today was spot on. I didn’t realize how little sense this made until he dissected it and pointed out like 19 reasons it’s stupid. Sam Antar has been on fire with the criticisms as well.

“Matt Levine analysis” - hmmmm

He was really good on Dealbreaker. Can’t believe he parlayed that into a gig at Bloomberg though.

If I had to guess he has to be the most widely read journalist now. Seems everyone follows him. I’m amazed at the quality he can do daily

False. What about Sara Grillo, the Top business write, and most famous and successful NY journalist?

matt is top notch. he also loves low costs ETFs. great guy

SEC is investigating this Musk POS. Cmon, he’s totally manipulating share prices. Lock him up.

But if some idiots do want to buy TSLA at bubble prices when they are on the edge of bankruptcy, then this is yet another signal we are very late bull.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/elon-musk-tesla-tweet-private-drugs-sleeping-pills-crying-new-york-times-a8495531.html

Elon Musk repeatedly broke down in an interview in which he attempted to explain some of his recent strange behaviour.

The Tesla boss has admitted to taking pills to sleep and that he has had a difficult year, alternating between laughter and crying as he did.

And he revealed that the stress of the year appears to be undermining his physical health. “It’s not been great, actually. I’ve had friends come by who are really concerned,” he said.

One of the more unusual parts of the tweet was the choice of the number 420, which has become a code for consuming cannabis.

“It seemed like better karma at $420 than at $419,” he said in the interview. “But I was not on weed, to be clear. Weed is not helpful for productivity. There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.”

And the paper reported that board members are concerned that the drug doesn’t always work to help Mr Musk sleep but instead fuels the late-night tweets in which he often makes some of his more unusual or controversial statements.

Much of Mr Musk’s tough year has come as a result of increased pressure on Tesla to manufacture enough cars. That has led to its boss sleeping in the factory to ensure it is done, which in turn meant that he has nearly missed his brother’s wedding, failed to see friends and spending several days without going outside at all, he said through tears.

He also said that he has no plans to give up his dual roles as chairman and CEO of Tesla, despite the fact that many of its investors would prefer him to. But he said that if a better person could be found than him, he would hand over power.

“If you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know,” he said. "They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.”

First Roseanne and now Musk, when will this Ambien epidemic end?

whoa

Can’t be doin the “weeds” or be on the “weed”

Chief accounting officer resigns after 1 month, womp womp

Elon musk is on the Joe Rogan podcast. Haven’t listened yet but that’s a sign

lawsuit secured

LOL

what’s wrong with a lil weed smoke?