Twitter

Yeah I can’t even think what his accent would be closest to?..non Irish I’d say

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stay on topic please. > > Im trying to understand this twitter non sense. > It seems like its the next big thing and every > college kid suddenly became “social media” > experts. I gotta stay cool. then go out to a playground and do a survey!

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stay on topic please. > > Im trying to understand this twitter non sense. > It seems like its the next big thing and every > college kid suddenly became “social media” > experts. I gotta stay cool. no its not the next big thing. CNN is trying to make it a big thing which it isnt. i think they have some stake in it. twitter is stupid because other forums are better to communicate such as blogs, vlogs, even facebook. i dont think i want to update on my whereabouts every few minutes.

On topic, check out this thread about Twitter: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other-other-topics/twitter-513490/

but nowadays it seems everyone is using twitter. From Dell to Shaq to lil teenie girls, twitter seems like the predominate way of communication nowadays. I have no idea why CNN and shaq don’t use FB. Is it because u dont have to confirm a following on twitter so it makes it easier to stalk celebrities?

Twitter will either not exist or will be a shell of its former self in 5 years. You heard it here first. It’s either a fad or something better will come along to replace it.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stay on topic please. > > Im trying to understand this twitter non sense. > It seems like its the next big thing and every > college kid suddenly became “social media” > experts. I gotta stay cool. I really don’t understand why people want to tell everything about what they are doing at the moment… ancientmtk is taking the shit right now!

People are only following it now as they want to see what their “role models” are doing Sure just look at the number of gossip magazines in newsagents - this is just free gossip, straight from the horse’s mouth Example: Lindsay Lohan!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really don’t understand why people want to tell > everything about what they are doing at the > moment… > > ancientmtk is taking the shit right now! I’ll admit, some celebrities are worth following on Twitter. But if you’re an average Joe tweeting about your life, nobody really cares.

^ well… I could think of one contradiction to this - hot girl posting what clubs she’s going to each night…just saying!

I said average Joe. Obviously hot non-celebrity women would be the exception. :slight_smile:

I said the same thing about blogs back in early 2000s. Sites like xanga, geocities, and what nots are the hang out spots for kiddies to “document” their crappy lives. Look at it now, blog is like the biggest thing since pencil and paper. I still dont care what ppl write on their blogs. There are only a *few* blogs that I do find informative.

There is no doubt that Twitter has a bright future and will maintain or exceed its market share. If you want to read more about my prediction, please refer to my MySpace page…

Some people would be fun to follow, like whacky people…Christopher Walken sends some great ones. If it is really him.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Twitter will either not exist or will be a shell > of its former self in 5 years. You heard it here > first. It’s either a fad or something better will > come along to replace it. I’m in agreement with this. I just do not see Twitter evolving into a sustainable business model. Social networking sites have a lot going for them. Twitter is not social networking and very limited in its capabilities. Seems like a fad that will either never take off or crash shortly after lift off.

Sums it up pretty well: http://www.unspecific.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2zz3zwn.gif (SWF).

trek7000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some people would be fun to follow, like whacky > people…Christopher Walken sends some great ones. > If it is really him. i just found his twitter. yeah very fun read IF its really him.

4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I said average Joe. Obviously hot non-celebrity > women would be the exception. :slight_smile: Joe the Plumber is a celebrity now.

i think you people would be surprised at how many people are using Twitter right now. I went to an alumni event in my city and while mixing in with my fellow alums, people would come up to other people and say " I follow you on Twitter!" yeah! I follow so and soo…blah blah blah… i was skeptical at first and still think twitter is a fad, but lots o peeps are indeed twits

no one i know uses twitter. its stupid.