Twitter

Agreed that no one cares unless you’re a celeb. Plus, I don’t have the time or the desire to tell strangers what I’m doing and I don’t have time to follow what they are doing.

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed that no one cares unless you’re a celeb. > Plus, I don’t have the time or the desire to tell > strangers what I’m doing and I don’t have time to > follow what they are doing. Yet you have time to post this on AF? How long do you think it takes to tweet…twit.

if Storko had twitter, how many of you would follow him? no one. on AF, i am a god.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zizoubleu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Agreed that no one cares unless you’re a celeb. > > > Plus, I don’t have the time or the desire to > tell > > strangers what I’m doing and I don’t have time > to > > follow what they are doing. > > Yet you have time to post this on AF? How long do > you think it takes to tweet…twit. I don’t know. I’d have to figure out how to use Twitter in the first place, which I don’t want to do. Plus, I mostly use AF for CFA preparation so there’s an actual benefit. However, I think you missed my point. Making one (now two) posts on this thread about the merits of Twitter is not really comparable to being active on Twitter is it?

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know. I’d have to figure out how to use > Twitter in the first place, Good point, it’s probably pretty complicated.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zizoubleu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > I don’t know. I’d have to figure out how to > use > > Twitter in the first place, > > Good point, it’s probably pretty complicated. You made a fair point, but I try to keep my posts to exam- or career-related topics. Occassionally, I get sucked into a thread and in that case it’s probably not much different than wasting my time on twitter. I would hope twitter is not too complicated if kids are using it! I don’t know what is required to use it, though. download software? subscription? free? I just don’t have any motivation to find out those answers.

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LPoulin133 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > zizoubleu Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > I don’t know. I’d have to figure out how to > > use > > > Twitter in the first place, > > > > Good point, it’s probably pretty complicated. > > > You made a fair point, but I try to keep my posts > to exam- or career-related topics. Occassionally, > I get sucked into a thread and in that case it’s > probably not much different than wasting my time > on twitter. > > I would hope twitter is not too complicated if > kids are using it! I don’t know what is required > to use it, though. download software? > subscription? free? I just don’t have any > motivation to find out those answers. zizoubleu, I may be going out on a limb here but I take it you were not born within the last 30 years, correct?

i would say within the last 37

you are correct, brianr.

Twitter is for douche bags.

Agreed. It will die faster than facebook

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you are correct, brianr. My uncle frequently asks similar questions, which lead to my questioning. Nothing needed to download it other than some narcissitic traits and a little douche baggery.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed. > It will die faster than facebook but facebook is still alive, no?

Of course facebook is still going…one of my clients just added me there - from now on I have to behave :frowning:

So what exactly is twitter? I dont see why VCs would invest in it. facebook and pr0ntube i can understand, but not twitter

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Of course facebook is still going…one of my > clients just added me there - from now on I have > to behave :frowning: Does this mean you’re taking down the nudes you just put up? : \

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KarenC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Of course facebook is still going…one of my > > clients just added me there - from now on I > have > > to behave :frowning: > > Does this mean you’re taking down the nudes you > just put up? : \ Hahaha no - client might give me more business then :wink: Just no more JTLD/Brianr talk of desk positioning!!

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Of course facebook is still going…one of my > clients just added me there - from now on I have > to behave :frowning: How awkward is that? I have my senior managers from work and some of my uni professors on facebook as well - I’ve put them on limited profile of course

Chad17 - I don’t say this very often but I love you!! - I didn’t know you could put certain people on limited profile - can I stop him from looking at comments specifically from Brianr and JTLD?

Absolutely. Tell you what, give me your username and password and I’ll sort it out for you… Cool? :slight_smile: