Twitter

haha not a chance!!

Just being helpful :frowning: Well here’s how you do it… http://is.gd/1K5Gg

Everything to do with facebook is blocked in here… :frowning: I’ll look at it tonight after drinks - thanks for your help hun! *hug*

Connect with current co-workers on Facebook? Not… a… chance…

Not even coworker - client!! Sure I’d go out with co-workers on the weekend - sound lads!

what does ‘sound lads’ mean?

oops sorry Irish saying obviously - sound = good craic = easy going, nice

oh nevermind. i looked at it weird. never heard of ‘craic’ though

I was talking about Twitter with a friend (a computer science) guy and said Twitter has huge potential for networking… For example you can give out real time traffic information, real time tracking/reporting of a criminal/car, alert residence if there was a crime and to be on the look out. I actually think it would be great if local goverments will have a twitter page for police/fire so residents can be on alert for anything that warrants attention to their personal safety.

…so twitter is going to replace the dinosuar-like 911 function?

no its a move beyond 911… imagine u call 911 and they conntect you to police/fire instead now there is no operator connecting you to police/fire you tell the whole world instead. We saw the power of real time information distribution in Iran w/the protests.

people in Iran reported everything via facebook and twitter during that opposition as local media was banned.

Just imagine a world where… A child gets kidnapped and police release a description of the man, child, lisence plate, going north on route 28. People twitter immediately after they see the car alerting police to exactly location at a time. Police nearly can respond easier w/real time info. You get into your car and drive to work. Get a twitter from department of transportation saying that route 128 just had an accident and backed up for miles, you are able to aviod the mess. possibilities are really endless.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > people in Iran reported everything via facebook > and twitter during that opposition as local media > was banned. or so the CNN would have you believe. did you get a twitter from someone from iran?

or have multiple people twitter bomb threats to disperse the entire police force so you can rob banks with ease

yea mutliple accounts/quality of data is gonna be in questions. solutions include… rating the twitter (higher rating better u can trust), amount of people twittering an issue, and voting (people give +1 for positive and -1 for negative) for quality of information

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfaboston28 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > people in Iran reported everything via facebook > > and twitter during that opposition as local > media > > was banned. > > > or so the CNN would have you believe. did you get > a twitter from someone from iran? Not on twitter but yes I saw messages on Facebook.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > or have multiple people twitter bomb threats to > disperse the entire police force so you can rob > banks with ease QFT

what does QFT mean? quit f-ing talking? ouch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory