UAE jobs

What is the market like for cfa charterholders in the UAE in general and sovereign wealth funds there in particular? Does anyone have experience with the recruitment/interview process?

work for a SWF myself…they have a long selection process (not because there are many stages fo selection, but because of a lot of bureaucracy)…but the perks are jus gr8…housing…education for kids…electricity…all paid and 48 days paid annual leave… the market for charterholders is quite good in the UAE…charterholders r welll respected…n there is a clear shortage of skilled professionals here

What is the median foreigner working for a SWF like in terms of education, age and work exp. I would think it would be mainly MBA/MFin or CFA’s, early-mid 30’s and lets say 10 years in?? I’m very interested in SWF’s long term, any info is greatly appreciated

there are quite a few CFAs here…rest MBAs…etc…i really dunno abt the avg age…u will c a good mix of young n old…but ppl who join tend to stay long…10 yrs…12 yrs…etc…i guess its cuz of the perks…n the relatively relaxed lifestyle

whats the avg pay for CFA charterholders / MBAs with exp of 3-5 yrs. ??

Tons of Egyptians/Lebanese working in finance over there.

depends on the sorta exp u have…anythin between aed 25k to 50k pm

thts pretty good …really good considering its tax free …and if you get rent ( very expensive there ) allowance on top of that you can save and have a good life …well atleast until you have kids beacuse school fees are expensive too …

well i meant including perks…i.e. housing allowance…but still u cud save well here…esp if ur single

I have some Arabs frnds who told me that Salary levels are difference for Arabs compared to Non-Arabs…! Is this true ? also…25-50 K is in dirhams per month ?

Is applying for jobs in the UAE posted on CFA Institute jobline and efinancecareers worth it? Is fluency in Arabic an advantage?

onlygodknowswhy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > but the perks are jus > gr8…housing…electricity… Lol.

in which currency ??

yep i mean in dirhams…there is a diff between salary levels of locals and expatriate workers. and yes knowing arabic is surely helpful

what are good sources to do a job search in UAE ?? any particular job portal etc ?

thanks godknowswhy. what are good sources to do a job search in UAE ?? any particular job portal etc ?

thanks godknowswhy. what are good sources to do a job search in UAE ?? any particular job portal etc ?

bayt.com, monstergulf.com

DIFX has a career link. You can post your CV there as well. My personal experience concerning HR agencies is not very recommendable. But choosing the company you are interested in, and then contacting them directly gave much better results.

cfa2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have some Arabs frnds who told me that Salary > levels are difference for Arabs compared to > Non-Arabs…! > > Is this true ? > > also…25-50 K is in dirhams per month ? Yes that is True …there definitely is discrimination based on nationality