UAE jobs

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry. I guess you’re right… > > I didn’t imagine that someone with a high-school > degree and 4 years experience would qualify to get > his CFA charter, but looks like it’s possible. A high school degree? Am I missing something? :slight_smile: jk. I enrolled as a CFA level 1 candidate by having some university (I used to be in mechanical engineering at a university here in ontario, until family problems decided to rear its ugly head) and some (relevant) work experience. I still plan on finishing my degree, though in a part time capacity as I work full time. I never really quite grasped the concept of not being able to concentrate on school/life with personal problems until it actually happened to me. Now I understand, fully, how it can hold a person back from their true potential. Depression is an extremely catastrophic period in someone’s life, especially for a young university student. I’ve probably learned more over the course of those years, about life and such, than anyone would have learned in a classroom. Sure, I regret not having my engineering degree, but I surely wouldn’t be the person I am today had it not been for that period in my life. I am all the better for it, now. It’ll still be nice to get a freakin degree though! Who would’ve thought a piece of paper could be so elusive? I understand its a requirement for many jobs out there, but seriously, any half-wit can get a degree. We’ve all seen it.

SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sorry. I guess you’re right… > > > > I didn’t imagine that someone with a > high-school > > degree and 4 years experience would qualify to > get > > his CFA charter, but looks like it’s possible. > > > > A high school degree? Am I missing something? :slight_smile: > > jk. > > I enrolled as a CFA level 1 candidate by having > some university (I used to be in mechanical > engineering at a university here in ontario, until > family problems decided to rear its ugly head) and > some (relevant) work experience. I still plan on > finishing my degree, though in a part time > capacity as I work full time. > > I never really quite grasped the concept of not > being able to concentrate on school/life with > personal problems until it actually happened to > me. Now I understand, fully, how it can hold a > person back from their true potential. Depression > is an extremely catastrophic period in someone’s > life, especially for a young university student. > I’ve probably learned more over the course of > those years, about life and such, than anyone > would have learned in a classroom. Sure, I regret > not having my engineering degree, but I surely > wouldn’t be the person I am today had it not been > for that period in my life. I am all the better > for it, now. It’ll still be nice to get a freakin > degree though! Who would’ve thought a piece of > paper could be so elusive? > > I understand its a requirement for many jobs out > there, but seriously, any half-wit can get a > degree. We’ve all seen it. I agree 100 % having gone through something similar my self . Props to you for coming this far .

Hiya Turkiya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > As Dubai is developing its financial city and > attracting top notch companies, they follow their > usual procedures, I guess. A friend working in HR > PWC in Dubai, was telling that these big companies > do not have much difficulty in finding people for > their offices, as there are enough of employees > who are willling to re-locate to Dubai. Still CFA > is in big demand in this geography. > > To give an idea, after passing LII, in December I > applied three of the banks and E&Y here in Muscat. > All four called for interviews. Still talking to > them. A lot of Indians and Egyptians who are CPA’s, ACCA’s, and CA’s(India) work for the big 4 in the GCC.

I noticed that a lot of the analyst positions listed for firms in Dubai or the ME in general, require - on average - around 5 years of experience. Can anyone shed some light on whether these positions, are on the same scale as a typical analyst position in Canada or the U.S.? Also, how common is it, to see someone with around 1-3 yrs of relevant experience (and possibly a recent graduate), working in one of these roles?

ook… so how mch wld an Indian with an Indian passprt with a CFA charter and a ms in Finance…and 5 yrs of exp…make in Dubai ??

apart from all the qualifications just like everyone else …WHO you know plays a big part as well …

hi kevin, where do you see dubai jobs for people with 5 years of experience?

I’ve noticed a few on efinancialcareers, gulftalent, and other sites as well. I actually know a HR person from Dubai, but it seems like most of the employers are generally looking for experienced professionals or people who have been in the industry for awhile. I would reckon that the whole “training” process is not as “big” as it is here. They would most likely expect you to get kicking right away, with minimal training. This is probably one of the main reasons why they seem to be asking for more years of experience.

hey kevin, would you be willing to share the name of the HR person from Dubai? I have 5 years of finance experience and am interested in relocating… we can speak more offline, at bharat underscore mans at yahoo dot com