Unemployment: day 5

this is going be my journal, blog, whatever the hipsters call it and you can expect alot of ebonics and swearing, i may be educated i may be classy but on my inside I will always be vancouver trash my parents tried not to raise me as. which means i may be able to thug out in 14 different languages like the gwai lo dai lo I am. I woke up drunk today, which to most people might not be a big deal but to me it is, internally i always want to control myself and I dont know what I did last night after 30 rock, im thinking i probably played call of duty 4 until i passed the f*ck out. which is all right i guess because i didn’t catch a charge. as for the waking up drunk thing i spoke about earlier im at my parents house right now which is coquitlam. coquitlam is probably the best place to raise your kids, especially if your down with multicultrailism. his shit is crazy, im at my parents, the sun be shining im gonna get on smash with this shorty from ghana that lives up the street. despite the fact that im burning through my savings that i worked hard to accumulate, and during some times did ethically questionable shit to get, im pretty happy. though the lack of a sense of purpose really bothers me, I think it probably bothers all of us deeply. having that job, that title, it makes us feel good not because of the money but because it gives us a role, a sense of purpose. now like alot of you, it’s gone for me and ive applied to 3-4 jobs a day like kkent did when he was just putting in work trying to get a job. I mustive applied to atleast 80 positions and revised my resume for each one because even before i lost my job i saw the writing on the wall…

I think there is a better way to have a life after one loses a job. Life has to go on and a different attitude may help. Good luck.

Just enjoy the brew while you can, you’ll get a job soon enough, maybe not the dream job we all hope for, but a job. Then you’ll be wishing you spent more time on the vids.

yeah. agree with dewey. have 10 beers and play 4 hours of cod for all of us! …by noon.

It’s happy hour somewere.

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > though the lack of a sense of purpose really > bothers me, I think it probably bothers all of us > deeply. having that job, that title, it makes us > feel good not because of the money but because it > gives us a role, a sense of purpose. now like alot > of you, it’s gone for me and ive applied to 3-4 > jobs a day like kkent did when he was just putting > in work trying to get a job. I mustive applied to > atleast 80 positions and revised my resume for > each one because even before i lost my job i saw > the writing on the wall… I think any of us would feel the same way if we were in your shoes. You’re doing the right thing by being proactive. Don’t lose faith and keep up the good work. Things will work out eventually.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SeanC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > though the lack of a sense of purpose really > > bothers me, I think it probably bothers all of > us > > deeply. having that job, that title, it makes > us > > feel good not because of the money but because > it > > gives us a role, a sense of purpose. now like > alot > > of you, it’s gone for me and ive applied to 3-4 > > jobs a day like kkent did when he was just > putting > > in work trying to get a job. I mustive applied > to > > atleast 80 positions and revised my resume for > > each one because even before i lost my job i > saw > > the writing on the wall… > > I think any of us would feel the same way if we > were in your shoes. You’re doing the right thing > by being proactive. Don’t lose faith and keep up > the good work. Things will work out eventually. “You’ll see! Things will randomly work out!” Watched The Ladie’s Man last night. Sooo bad.

I’m guessing SeanC was wasted when writing this, as he’s normally far more eloquent (and grammatically correct). Day 5 is nothing, wait until a couple of months have passed and you’re trying to balance frustration vs. effectiveness vs. optimism. Things will work out, definitely - in the meantime, get out there and play some ultimate/golf since you’re in one of the best cities out there!

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m guessing SeanC was wasted when writing this, > as he’s normally far more eloquent (and > grammatically correct). Day 5 is nothing, wait > until a couple of months have passed and you’re > trying to balance frustration vs. effectiveness > vs. optimism. Things will work out, definitely - > in the meantime, get out there and play some > ultimate/golf since you’re in one of the best > cities out there! Agreed.

Sounds like fun, I like to wake up late, get some coffee, laugh at all the stressed out worker bees, maybe grab some sushi for lunch and sit in the sun, have a good day dream, relax and enjoy, answer to no one, unemployment rules.

take it easy and go volunteer/travel.

it will get better. i remember when i was laid off in 2004. it took me a couple of weeks to absorb it and then it was ok. it might help to live with someone who cares. workout like crazy. job hunting is a full time job. wake up early, shower, change into business casual, put on shoes and work. it was the best thing that happened to me.

I think that’s one of the advantages of being Asian, there’s no stigma to living with your parents into your 30s so if you get redundified there is no rent or mortgage hanging over your head. I don’t know how you were able to get away with getting sh!tfaced around them though. BTW, what happened to days 1-4?

And Italian - those mo’fo’s don’t move out until they are like 35

^yeah them too, except with Italian parents you got them all up in your @ss the entire time you’re living with them so it’s a net neutral.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what happened to days 1-4? It’s only been 1 day…he was just that wasted.

He is not asian. he says: “like the gwai lo dai lo I am.” so he is gwai lo.

It’s only day 5 and you’re back with the 'rents? If I was in a similar position I’d definitely take a few days off to drink, play vids, golf, and just enjoy the sense of freedom… that’d only be for a few days. After awhile I’d realize that while it may be nice to have a break better things are out there. Best of luck Sean.

sherbeer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He is not asian. he says: “like the gwai lo dai lo > I am.” so he is gwai lo. I like it when you talk dirty in another language.

Just watch some boxing. losing a big fight is a lot more depressing. things will get better.