Unwinding After Studying

I just came back from my CFA prep class and i’m pooped. I’ve been trying to study from 8pm-midnight everyday for the past month (I study better at night) and finding that motivation is harder to come by these days and getting some-what burned out. What do you guys do to unwind after studying so you don’t get burned out?

hands down working out…

One word…Beer.

i hear chrismaths masturbates

I haven’t had a drank since New Years… http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/21/health/research/21alcohol.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=alcohol%20asian&st=cse YIKES!!! AF has been my only pleasure other then studying… freakin sad.

one game of tetris a night (equally as sad)… hard to work out at midnight, but usually hit the gym after work around 6 or so before studying… energizes you for the rest of the night…

red wine, girls, gym, or tv

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just came back from my CFA prep class and i’m > pooped. I’ve been trying to study from > 8pm-midnight everyday for the past month (I study > better at night) and finding that motivation is > harder to come by these days and getting some-what > burned out. > > What do you guys do to unwind after studying so > you don’t get burned out? With 2 months to go, maybe you started the heavy lifting a bit early? I’m only ramping up into the 8 to 12 pm stage now. Perhaps it’s too late and I’m screwed? Who knows? But I would image you will find it tough to do 8pm to 12pm for 3 solid months without going mental as anything.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But I would image you will find it tough to do 8pm > to 12pm for 3 solid months without going mental as > anything. I would imagine so, dude that’s like 16 hours per day for 3 months straight

I swear I have ADD, so that 4 hours is really only like 1-2hrs of good studying. I still haven’t gotten to Alternatives, FI, PM, and Econ. About 1/2 way done with Equity.

Home… sweet home, after a whole day’s work, I feel soooo good sitting in my sofa having dinner with my gf, watching TV for a while. That is how I restore myself.

I just did the CFAI Questions for Capital Budgeting (all 44 of them!!) and I’m rewarding myself with a stiff Gin & Tonic.

Watching Japanese dramas when I am really burnt from studying. Watch one episode of it and then I get back to study.

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just did the CFAI Questions for Capital > Budgeting (all 44 of them!!) and I’m rewarding > myself with a stiff Gin & Tonic. +1 I have been going thru bottles of Bombay Sapphire like its Dr. pepper.

Wind down from studying…I usually fall asleep after reading 30 pages so the studying makes me wind down. :slight_smile:

I was feeling super duper burnt last week. So I took Sun + Mon off and now looks like I am back on track. Still very far from a PASS and not so away from a FAIL.

workout

IheartMath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > workout we have such funny words in english work out rather than work in

hey, “workout” is listed on thesaurus.com as a synonym for “exercise”. if it’s on the internet - it must be true.

Unfortunately, xbox. Ft job + CFA II = no gym.