Vaccines...yes or no?

Lots of Christians act stupidly.

This from a Christian.

Please don’t judge us all by the actions of the stupid ones.

Look at flu mortality and its correlation with flu shots. Zero change. Even though more people than ever are getting the shots, there hasn’t been a change in hospitalizations or deaths. This is the issue I have. Polio vaccine you can clearly see the relationship: vaccine out there, no more polio. Same with measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis. Even chickenpox. But flu? No. There is extremely limited evidence that the flu vaccine is effective at reducing deaths.

of course. why would you not vaccinate your kids? Remember the horror few years back in LA Disney Land measels spread. Those young kids that suffered and died were not vaccinated…just why? Ignorance is the most danergous element to our society.

it is not that that data shows that there has been no improvement in flu related deaths, it is that flu related deaths are rarely documented and flu and pneumonia deaths are grouped together. while there may not be absolutely definitive evidence of flu shots reducing flu related deaths substantially, there is evidence that flu shots do reduce the number of flu cases, which means a better living standard, particularly for our children and elderly, and higher productivity among the general workforce. have you ever known an elderly person who go the flu? many don’t fully recover for several months.

Wait but this article is only semi related to vaccination. It is true that the kid would probably not have contracted the infection had he been vaccinated. However, the parents also failed to bring him to a hospital when he became sick. Instead, they fed him some veggie home remedies and consulted some hippie. Maybe you don’t want to vaccinate your kid - sure, that flies in the face of 200 years of medical progress, but whatever. Refusing to receive professional medical help when your kid is dying of a curable disease is a different level altogether.

we need population control. if a disease that could have been preventable by required vaccine spreads wildly, only the anti-vazxxers will perish. you kill two birds with one stone. You reduce population size and get rid of the idiots that don’t belive in science.

agreed. the article is a case of gross negligence for a human being, not whether they believe in vaccination or not. they failed as guardians. if your son was attacked by a bear, would you take him to the hospital or the witch doctor? witch doctor is the wrong choice.

^ MLA’s response to me above: Unless a novel virus like H1N1 shows up and you’re more likely to get sick if you’re a regular flu shotter: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2010/04/new-canadian-studies-suggest-seasonal-flu-shot-increased-h1n1-risk I think you’re conflating efficacy and effectiveness. The flu shot is sometimes marginally effective in reducing your odds of getting the current flu. It is not statistically effective in reducing your odds of dying or being hospitalized for a respiratory illness.

Crazy dad pens letter to jury: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/david-ezekiel-stephan-meningitis-dear-jury-sentencing-1.3558768

one piece of evidence with sample size so small that it is unrepresentative of the general population doesn’t help your case. it just further shows that the data is missing on both sides. it has efficacy and effectiveness. it reduces the number of flu cases if that is the goal. i’m having a hard time understanding how its possible that the number of flu cases decline yet the number of flu/pneumonia related deaths remains stagnant. aging population skewing the numbers?

Vaccines: Yes

Flu shot: Yes

Could be people developing weaker immune systems

Except in this particular case, instead of losing the idiots, the world lost the innocent child of the idiots.

it was the kids who died and suffered…not the idiot adults…

Yeah what an idiotic comment

get woke

http://www.infowars.com/video-robert-de-niro-robert-f-kennedy-jr-offer-100k-vaccine-challenge/

I don’t get flu shots for myself or my kids. But, then again I don’t really get sick and do not have any kids, so I’m covered.

dam

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-to-receive-15m-plus-in-first-ever-vaccine-autism-court-award/

Vaccinated both kids but on different schedule than generally recommended

I had doctors tell me i should stick to what i know and not ask questions. That is when they lost my business