Valedictorian brags about being in US illegally

US should deport all the fat Americans on food stamp and replace them with hardworking “illegal” immigrants.

The point is not that some people are net beneficiaries of welfare (of course some must be), but that some net beneficiaries are illegal people who should not have any stake on national resources. Anyway, I am not sure how people can support an equilibrium in which people systematically ignore national laws. Whether or not you sympathize towards illegal immigrants, you would probably agree that something is not right with this system.

Illegal immigrant workers most likely dramatically under report earnings and under pay in taxes. Many probably do not have direct deposit, withholding, W4 forms, and all that stuff the government uses to keep people honest. However, they are also paid low wages that reflect that they don’t pay taxes. So, the presence of illegal workers is also a tax subsidy to employers like farms, restaurants, construction and other businesses (I imagine that this might actually appeal to certain people here).

First of all, it is not proven that they make a net negative impact. Secondly, whether a law should be enforced should have no basis in how much the subject contributes to the economy.

Assuming you are replying to me, I did not make any claim that illegal immigrants are net positive or negative. I said that some are net beneficiaries (almost definitely true), and that they probably underpay taxes (most likely also true), and that this is a subsidy to some US employers (true if point #2 is true).

I do not see any reason to have a law whose intent is to be ignored. If the law is not worthy of being enforced, then on a policy level, it should be reformed to reflect practical reality. On an individual level, we should respect laws - it’s not up to us to determine if they are economically positive or negative.

I declare victory over ohai

Assuming she’s graduating college, she also took a spot in a (good?) university program away from an American citizen.

This tween drama is just silly. She should have kept her mouth shut if she’s gotten this far without being detected. I’m 99% confident she did not consult her parents before exposing herself, so that should be interesting for everyone related to her. All for a personal statement.

Doesn’t demonstrate a whole lot of ‘critical thinking’ from a new graduate.

Lol

Our president has chosen not to enforce our immigration and border protection laws, as well as many of the drug laws. He as also chosen not to honor laws covering energy production and healthcare. And he has chosen to write and enforce his own laws. He is king.

Ghibli when you grow up, you too can be president. Then you can enforce all the laws you want.

He and Hillary also forced surveillance to cease on the very mosque that the shooter’s father attended. Look into it. Obviously not directly, but as a result of mandates. “Shut it down boys…But they’re talking about the death of infidels? …Sorry, shut it down. New sheriff in town.”

Ann Coulter has been arguing that both sides tolerate illegals because it’s a future electorate for the Dems and many businesses that give campaign $$$ to the GOP want their cheap labor.