Vancouver

Will be visiting a friend in Seattle in a few weeks and we are making a day trip up to Vancouver. Anybody from the area and have any input on fun shit to do or check out?

Dude Vancouver is sick. Or so I hear.

Lots of stuff to do here depending on what you are in to. Physical activity? Water activities? Festivals? Summer is the best time to visit here for sure.

Sure. All of the above, need some ideas…

Physical Activity - Depends on what you want to do, could mean anything from running in your pajamas on Vancouver roads to knocking off somebody at night. Water Activity- What dude? I cant teach you surfing now, take a boat ride if you can. Festival- Dress like crazy, and get lost in the crowd. Then get drunk at night and call yourself canadian! In the end, use your brains…

Will be up there Early August btw

I say don’t use your brain…smoke cannabis.

use your brain and don’t smoke cannabis in public…

• Robson Street (shopping, tourist area) - Stanley Park / Seawall (rent roller blades or a bike and explore the “sea wall”, an experience unlike any other city) - Granville Island (great markets, restaurants, etc. right on edge of city) - Grouse Mountain - 15 min drive (if you’re feeling adventurous - go during the day for AMAZING views of the city; hike the Grouse Grind if you want an absolutely grueling 1 hr + workout) Bring any booze from the U.S. It’s all double the price here in Canada, especially Van.

Fantastic thanks bhill

Vancouver is on my list for 2009 as well.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > use your brain and don’t smoke cannabis in > public… ^ Actually you can and no one really is too concerned. I wouldn’t just do Van for a day trip though. If I recall correctly it is atleast a 3-4 hour drive from Seattle. To further add to Bhill’s list Daytime: English Bay - good sights and girlies (the celebration of lights - fireworks - is on there early August) Whistler - 1.5hrs away but venue for the winter olympics next year Golf - lots of great courses For nightlife: Granville St - A mix of every crowd Yaletown - Yuppy central Gastown - Quieter than Granville but nice spots.

Planning my stag to Van in late August (from Calgary). I’m not into the Vegas thing and it’s about the same cost anyways (absent $15k losses on the blackjack table). Good ideas so far on this board.

Go to Montreal instead for a stag. Way more fun there in the summer (or so I hear). But if you’re set on Vancouver, I once went on a booze cruise stag on false creek which was great. The topless servers did a lot for it too.

Hey Zoozu, What do you do in Van?

Zoozu and bhill have some great ideas. If you like hiking and great views, I would definitely do The Chief at Shannon Falls (on the way to Whistler) and definitely I would stay overnight in Whistler. There is also the Capilano Suspension Bridge and

Zoozu and bhill have some great ideas. If you like hiking and great views, I would definitely do The Chief at Shannon Falls (on the way to Whistler) and definitely I would stay overnight in Whistler. There is also the Capilano Suspension Bridge

Zoozu and bhill have some great ideas. If you like hiking and great views, I would definitely do The Chief at Shannon Falls (on the way to Whistler) and definitely I would stay overnight in Whistler. There is also the Capilano Suspension Bridge

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Zoozu, > What do you do in Van? I work for a telecom company in corporate finance/development.

Seattle, well there are lots of chunky dog-faced girls looking to become single moms, hit Belltown. Also, hiking, goto Pike Place Market and the 1st SBUX store, I dunno whatever. Gonna be in Vancouver Aug1 (first time) for some international meeting thing so this thread is nice.