vault.com

Does anyone have a vault gold membership that has seen the salary charts for ibanking? Is it worth 45 bucks for 3 months to sign up?

I had a friend that subscribed to vault and I didn’t find that much use for it. I am just going to use his account whenever I feel like it (not much). I suggest finding someone with the account as well. That is unless I don’t know the full potential of the site (I didn’t play around with it too long).

I have an acct (it should still be active)…I can’t check it out until tonight though. If the only thing you want to see is the salary chart then no- it’s not worth 45 for 3 mos. I’ll check it out tonight and see if I copy it to an email.

why don’t you just ask your salary questions here and then someone can try to answer it…for FREE (what a deal)

you don’t need vault.com to guesstimate I-Banking salaries - they make a good amount of money. If you are truly curious because you have the ability to move into the industry then a) you wouldn’t be worried about $45 and b) you’d already know because I’d assume you’d be pretty knowledgeable about the industry.

think 07 guys are getting 60-10-60/90 with 35 stub

take it easy jalmy8. i thought it was a fine question. lots of people trying to get into IB are still in college and while $45 may be a lot of money to them. personally, $45 was a lot to me then and not much has changed. you know, $45 can buy four gin and tonics/jack and cokes in new york, so you can’t just be throwing that kind of money around on vault memberships when you have big plans on friday nights (seriously though, go easy on the kid)

i hear ya numi… free is for me…

When I was in college, which wasn’t too long ago, I understood my spending limits and went to China Wine (atleast thats what we called it) on the Upper West Side…Free boxed wine and all the food you could eat. As long as you had food on your plate, drinks were aplenty. Now those were classic hangovers.

I didn’t find Vault to be all that useful, although the discount on the WSJ was nice (I used it more than Vault). The vault guides are useful, but expensive. Take a sunday and hang out reading them in your local Barnes and Noble. Bring a notebook to take notes.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The vault guides are useful, but expensive. Take > a sunday and hang out reading them in your local > Barnes and Noble. Bring a notebook to take notes. Very true. There’s nothing like a day in a bookstore for free reading.

Boxed wine??? Respect for you being able to keep it down. There was some boxed wine for $3 and boy was it bad. It got the job done though. I was with a classy lady that night.

this is a pretty funny post… just know that banking will require you to work a lot more hours but your pay will be over 130k in 08… also know that budgets will be tighter this year thus the jobs will be harder to get good luck

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Boxed wine??? Respect for you being able to keep > it down. There was some boxed wine for $3 and boy > was it bad. It got the job done though. I was with > a classy lady that night. If you are going that route you should just bite the bullet…Pick up some 16 year old chicks, a pack of Parliaments, and some Boone’s farm.

What the heck is Boone’s Farm? It was more of an impulse purchase than anything. It wasn’t actually boxed wine like the big boxes. They were little cubes the size of a box of tissues and they looked like a good idea at the time . . .

I am guess Niblita75 you have not enjoyed the pleasures that is Boone’s Farm. They have such refeshing flavors as strawberry hill, fuzzy naval and blue hawaiian

Haha I just looked it up. That can’t be good tasting. If I ever come across Boone’s Farm, I will be sure to indulge myself.

I’m a bum wine fan myself. If any of you have ever ridden on the Night Train than you’d know what I’m talking about. Tonight is Thursday right?

night train? you give the cashier 3 bucks and get change… they dont even store that in the cooler… you buy that stuff warm…

I saved the I banking chart to a Word Doc- Clos send me your email address if you want me to email it to you.