Wachovia Will be the next Bank to Go DOWN

Thinking of entering an option play before the bell on WB. Strangle the 5 puts and 14 calls. Wachovia needs this bailout this weekend. If the bill is not passed WB will open ~5 on Monday whereas if it goes through we’ll probably see a 50% gain. The volatility is ridiculous on the front month options.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thinking of entering an option play before the > bell on WB. Strangle the 5 puts and 14 calls. > Wachovia needs this bailout this weekend. If the > bill is not passed WB will open ~5 on Monday > whereas if it goes through we’ll probably see a > 50% gain. The volatility is ridiculous on the > front month options. Chuck - Wachovia is a dead man walking. The strangle is too expensive, and you are incorrect that the bailout will help Wachovia. Their balance sheet is worse than that of WAMU.

steveOW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > akanska Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > don’t do that unless you have another job in > > hand! > > > then you won’t be eligible for unemployment > if > > > you quit… if you’re let go its a different > > > story. > > > > I have a job in hand. I am moving to Moscow. > > dam brah, will you have to speak russian? or no? Of course…

it all depends on the structure of the bailout, if it happens. If the banks still have to MTM, the worries will continue. At this point it’s all about the depositors taking out their doh, and that is happening - now. As JDV said, why take the risk? even if FDIC is bulletproof(is it?) there will be delays and time value of money considerations. If one can take the money out and put it soewhere safe (JPM, BAC, MMKs), then why not do it?

Gecco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it all depends on the structure of the bailout, if > it happens. If the banks still have to MTM, the > worries will continue. At this point it’s all > about the depositors taking out their doh, and > that is happening - now. As JDV said, why take the > risk? even if FDIC is bulletproof(is it?) there > will be delays and time value of money > considerations. If one can take the money out and > put it soewhere safe (JPM, BAC, MMKs), then why > not do it? My feeling is that slowly but surely a stealth run on many banks is occuring via the web.

WB is really getting hit hard. . . even now that the dow is going up, it is not moving. What could possibly happen to WB? Would someone acquire it - is there anyone that is able to?

Popped to the mid 9s at the close. It will be very interesting to see where WB opens on Monday along with the rest of the market.

My friend bought stocks of WaMu like last week thinking it would be a good bet, he bought 8000 dollars worth of shares. He didint bother to even consult me since here in AF weve been talking about it for awhile now. He now tells me hes thinking of buying wachovia, i dont want him to lose any more money, so should i just tell him to save his money? I say, if he wants to gamble anything maybe buy a call option. Can i get some feedback? can i get an AMEN?!

EMRA32 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My friend bought stocks of WaMu like last week > thinking it would be a good bet, he bought 8000 > dollars worth of shares. He didint bother to even > consult me since here in AF weve been talking > about it for awhile now. > > He now tells me hes thinking of buying wachovia, i > dont want him to lose any more money, so should i > just tell him to save his money? > > I say, if he wants to gamble anything maybe buy a > call option. Can i get some feedback? can i get > an AMEN?! What he didn’t learn the first time? What more does he need to see that he doesn’t quite understand this?

EMRA32 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My friend bought stocks of WaMu like last week > thinking it would be a good bet, he bought 8000 > dollars worth of shares. vegas he would have at least gotten brain. ouch