WARNING: Re: ONE WEEK ONLY! Personal Study Notes Posted Again new

If you e-mail Omar Adnan for his “One Week Only” personal study notes, be prepared to get spammed. I e-mailed him and ended up getting weekly spam e-mails trying to sell bootleg study material.

I always thought there was something fishy about that guy. Seemed way too confident of himself

I thought the same thing. It seems odd that someone would offer their study notes over and over again for “One Week Only” but only after you e-mail him.

Hi guys, I got Omar’s notes from “Rapidshare” earlier this week. The notes are legit.

The notes are legit, but he used to ask for e-mails and he’d send you the link. I had a new e-mail address I set up specifically to e-mail him for them (since I didn’t want to give out my real address). Right after I sent it I started getting spam e-mails trying to sell me bootleg Schweser notes. He’s the only person who had that e-mail address, so I know that’s where it came from.

Did you post your email address here? There are several bootleg sellers posting on threads here. Its probably them emailing you.

No, a while back he had a “One Week Only” post. After the week expired he said e-mail him for the info. I made a new e-mail address and only used it for that one purpose. About a week later I started getting weekly e-mails from someone trying to sell me bootleg study materials. Couldn’t have been anyone else. He’s the only person who had that address. If you get them off of a site he posts them to your fine. But, if they expire and he says e-mail him and he’ll send them, beware. It’s not a huge deal, just trying to let people know about it.

Oh oh wait a second … WTH is going on here lool More than 200 freaking people in this forum got my notes before and i never spammed any!!! I have posted the links online in this forum for God sake! and you guys know what? It’s my mistake that I’m making my notes available I’m NEVER uploading them again and if I ever get email from anyone from now on asking for the notes, I will report them! I was stupid enough to bother sharing them in the first place!

Sounds good.

I believe the core objective of this forum is for we professionals to network, share ideas and assist one another to climb the high mountain of cfa exams. A benevolent fellow professional has decided to assist others pass the exam by sacrificing his precious time to make available decent notes that are as good as any established prep provider material and all you guys can do in appreciation is accuse him of spamming u? I think this is ridiculous and i must advise those doing this to back peddle because this is certain to discourage other ‘good samaritans’ from making the attempt to assist others on this forum. Pls lets keep the forum from unnecessary controversy!

I didnt use Omar notes, but I opened the link and I should admit that they didnt look any commercial at tall. They were truly the notes of a guy who prepare himself for the exam, wrote his own personal notes and wanted to share them (as i felt it). TRUE if you got spammed, I think there might be another reason, it’s weird, but for what I saw since the beginning when omar started posted his notes just after Dec 2010 exam, this was just a giver guy. He’s enrolled to L2 exam, the note are hand written, He even asked some people once to help him upload them in a share website to have them permanently available there, what some people did…so it’s hard to believe in any spam behind.

I emailed Omar for notes and he sent me the links. All of the links were legit and there was NO SPAM.

I DLed his notes off of the site he put them up on (which I thought was unbelievably kind) and I had to give them my email to get them. Also NO spam for me, and I was almost expecting some.

Omar"s notes were really nice> honestly the guy is a giver. i did not get ANY SPAM either

i got omars notes through email few weeks back… no additional spam except for what i was getting before his mail haha… omar you rocks

I’d appreciate the notes for L2 and just in case, L1 (but trying to think positive)

His notes were an excellent resource. I think he offered his notes for Level II as well. Good man.

True Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No, a while back he had a “One Week Only” post. > After the week expired he said e-mail him for the > info. I made a new e-mail address and only used > it for that one purpose. About a week later I > started getting weekly e-mails from someone trying > to sell me bootleg study materials. Couldn’t have > been anyone else. He’s the only person who had > that address. > > If you get them off of a site he posts them to > your fine. But, if they expire and he says e-mail > him and he’ll send them, beware. > > It’s not a huge deal, just trying to let people > know about it. this is ridiculous. i have taken L1 and L2 at the same time as Omar and received some of his notes. this never happened to me and i’ve corresponded w/ omar several times. in case you are clueless, if you set up a free email box at some companies (yahoo etc.) they will search your inbox for keywords that they sell to advertisers like the term CFA. if you randomly start getting CFA spam mail after receiving CFA-worded emails, dont be surprised. my email is hosted through a private server that I own and I never received any such spam.

are omar’s notes still available?

Omar. In case you are still around here could you please post these notes again?