We get Level II books in a week!

i called up the CFAI and they said the books get shipped out right after you register…so that means once can register today amd literally start studying for Level II in a week!!! ha ha : ) - i plan on starting right away, but we will see…knowing me, I’ll proacrastinate some bit anyways, just wanted people to know…

I signed up yesterday but the registration page still says there is no UPS tracking number and the order has not yet shipped.

I was expecting the books in September for some reason, but thanks for the interesting news. So, this means we get Level III books in a one year + one month. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you all planning to read the CFAI books? I was planning on doing that from now until the end of the year and then picking up Schweser for January - May. But I’m not sure if it will be necessary. The CFAI texts are just so long and boring.

I’m thinking of doing the same thing Topher–but more of skimming the CFAI text and hitting Schweser hard starting January. It helped me for L1, so I don’t plan on changing anything…

This is really not a good post for the L1 forum…especially when 65% of people did not pass and will not be ordering L2 books it is probably not what they want to hear about right now…that is why the Level II forum is your new home.

soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m thinking of doing the same thing Topher–but > more of skimming the CFAI text and hitting > Schweser hard starting January. > > It helped me for L1, so I don’t plan on changing > anything… +1

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is really not a good post for the L1 > forum…especially when 65% of people did not > pass and will not be ordering L2 books it is > probably not what they want to hear about right > now…that is why the Level II forum is your new > home. Boo…hoo. Since when has the internet been a bastion of fairness and feeling good about oneself? If you didn’t pass level 1, why would you even click this thread if you were THAT upset about it?

I feel like an outsider. Not ready to let go to L1 forum and peers, not ready to get on L2 where some cranky people await the L2 results, and that’s understandable we all have been through results (some at least once if not more times).

what we all need is technically a L1.5 forum :slight_smile:

you need at least a L2.5 CP :))

nope… I am joining you all for L2…

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you all planning to read the CFAI books? I was > planning on doing that from now until the end of > the year and then picking up Schweser for January > - May. > > But I’m not sure if it will be necessary. The CFAI > texts are just so long and boring. hell yeah! that is the only way i passed level I. reading those books. i went through 20 + highlighters, maybe 30. i know i went to staples twice in one week in may!

sorry for starting post – i will move to level II soon, but no one has really migrated. it is all new faces there

Daj, did your books ship yet? I ordered mine on Thursday morning but I’m still waiting for them to ship.

wrong forum dude

no shipment yet

Mine shipped tonight

Don’t get too excited. Level 2 books get there too fast, and contain 3000 pages of new material that are sure to cause some pain over the next 10 months.

That’s fine. The only concern I have is what happened last time I signed up: my books were never shipped until I had to phone CFAi several times. They acknowledged there was a system issue and that some orders never went out. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.