We get Level II books in a week!

I had ordered Tuesday so you might be ok still

wyantjs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t get too excited. Level 2 books get there > too fast, and contain 3000 pages of new material > that are sure to cause some pain over the next 10 > months. : ) - I actully want to start studying. The more people say level II is hard the more I want to get started. my plan for II is to be more aggressive than i was for one… i have friends who took II this year and i saw some of those “red” books (level I are green) and trust me, the material was crazy!!! all i remember was an off balance sheet section on ENRON/SPEs and some EVAstuff. i Love EVA, so i am excited!!!

LEVEL II BOOKS ARE SHIPPED!!! ----------------------------------------------------- Thank you for your order. This e-mail confirms that your curriculum package has been shipped. For delivery support, contact your local UPS office. Custom fees may be levied for shipments outside the United States* Order Number: ******* Order Information: Description:2009 Level II CFA Program Quantity: 1 Curriculum Date Shipped: 08/04/08

So books are shipped about 5 days after registration and order? Well, I’ll stick to the German lessons meanwhile:))

Hockey- I did pass L1, tool. My point is why talk L2 stuff in a L1 forum, especially so close to results dates when wounds are fresh. Don’t worry, you will probably understand come January 2009. daj I know you dont mean to rub it in on people, just pointing it out. See you cats in the LII forum!

thx TVPM if people are bothered by the level II posts I make, they dont have to open them (all topics are titled). the only reason i out em here is b/c no one is in the new forum yet and the people there are very mean and crabby. trust me, you dont want to go in there, you will become instant pariah. so far only black swan likes me and i am not even too sure about that

daj224, My books have shipped. Don’t know when I’m going to start though since I have CAIA 1, CMT 1, and FRM in September, October, November, respectively. Anyways bro…about some dudes being angry and hating the world due to a test…there exist people getting blown up and/or getting sniped in Iraq and Afghanistan (soldiers and civilians)…oh yeah, some people live with terminal illnesses…I think those things qualify (in my book at least) as being a tougher situation then waiting for the results of a freaking intermediate-level finance test. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they’ve worked hard. I’ve worked hard and will work hard. Whatever. Yeah, they’ve faced stress. I’ve been under as much, if not more, stress as them (try going through PhD written and oral qualifiers…faced with getting kicked out if you fail and looking stupid to your friends/family)…doesn’t give me a license to be a freaking asshole. If they hate the world and/or themselves so much, they should probably consider a different career and/or lifestyle.

cool man, hang in there. yeah, i am only posting on level II once a day, those dudes are in a mean mood. anyways, god luck on FRM. i thought about taking that, too, but am sticking to CFA/CAIA. i also have top 20 MBA, so i “think” that is enough of a platform to build a career off in the next 35 years : ) - sounds like you are doing it all!!!

Yeah, I read rohufish’s posts and he inspires me.

My books shipped too. As soon as I receive them, the Level II forum will be my new home.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My books shipped too. As soon as I receive them, > the Level II forum will be my new home. see you there!!!

has anybody got the CFAI books? S

I just received an email last night letting me know mine are shipped. According to UPS, they should be here before the 18th… yay!!

My books still haven’t shipped yet. UPS tracking says my billing info was received. That’s all. They’ll probably be in next week because I live in Los Angeles.

Mine say they’re “on time” to be delivered 08/08/08. I’m in Canada

I am holding my breath to get them ASAP, but they will collect dust on a shelf until mid-november or early-December.

Delivery on time, 08/07/08 (order placed on 08/03/08). I’m in Chicago.

Order placed - 07/29/08 Shipped - 08/04/08 On time delivery - 08/08/08

i expect mine Friday at the latest…on another note, i got my CAIA books today and already crushed 2 chapters…some of the stuff is easy, some is not. lots of quant, which is good, it will refresh me for level II in june