We get Level II books in a week!

Daj, you’re doing more studying than me buddy. I’m just sticking with the CFA for now. I expect my package on 8/7 btw.

UPS site says: Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 09/08/2008. Scheduled Delivery: 09/08/2008 Shipped To: PANAJI, IN Shipped/Billed On: 01/08/2008 Btw, some of my friends are considering skipping reading CFAI text altogether, they plan to do Schweser 2008 package till November and switch to the 2009 package once its out!

I received mine today. Was good to see that FSA book is not as thick as it was in L1!! S

> > Btw, some of my friends are considering skipping > reading CFAI text altogether, they plan to do > Schweser 2008 package till November and switch to > the 2009 package once its out! hmmm, i guess that would work, assuming you own the 08 already.

Is schweser for L2 2009 is out in November? S

SINGAPORE, SG 08/07/2008 8:14 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > Btw, some of my friends are considering > skipping > > reading CFAI text altogether, they plan to do > > Schweser 2008 package till November and switch > to > > the 2009 package once its out! > > hmmm, i guess that would work, assuming you own > the 08 already. Nono… I am not touching anything till November or December. :smiley: And I am definitely reading CFAI text, considering it worked well for me on L1.

daj224- Any word on that interview you had last week?

I’m so jealous you all have or will be getting your books. Our company pays for CFAI and any study materials up front. I went on our HR website and they only have the December 2008 request forms available. Not sure when they will be changed to June 2009. Until then, I’m biding my time …

daviskr, why don’t you check with HR to see if they reimburse you if you pay now the $600? The first registration deadline is September 24th. Got the books. I’m officially scared. Out of my mind. Panic mood. Bad memories.

Got mine today too. They stack about 1/4" lower than Level 1, and the size of each book definitely reflects the shift in topic weights.

alscfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got mine today too. They stack about 1/4" lower > than Level 1, and the size of each book definitely > reflects the shift in topic weights. hmmm, less prose, more density. uh oh! i still did not get mine : ( - once i get em, am moving to board II and beginning to post for the next 10 months : ) - the people there are gonna kill me when I post questions before the 19 of august : ) -

The people on the Level 2 forum will just have to deal with us. They can blame CFAI for staggering the results dates…

Got my books. Sigh…back to studying once again. Ok, I’m out of the L-I forum.

gdiddy see you there!!!

got mine yesterday! am surprised at the efficiency coz i only registered 3 or 4 days ago…

on another note, i am not going to lose the postcards again… lost the ones for level I, was well disappointed end of May/early June when I felt I needed some humour in my life. =)

I just got my books, yay!

Just got mine as well! Spent a few minutes “breaking in” a few pages in each of the books, and noticed how it might be better if they printed the ~100-page glossary and index at the end of each of the six volumes…in a separate volume. I mean, that’s saving 500 pages by converting 600 pages to 100 pages + cover. (500 pages/candidate)*(N candidates) = a lot of pages.

I have to agree with you on that point … seems useless to have it 6 times But the good news is I just got my books too!! exciting day