"We really need some new discussion topics." - Plantir

Wait, could you explain this? Seems interesting.

Did you go to the Red? I have a couple friends from Chicago I roll down there with occasionally. I’m still stuck in the 5.11’s, but I’m actually pretty content with that.

They do a lot of AR’s where I raft guide out of Ohiopyle, PA. I did a 48 hour one a few years ago, it was brutal. Only AR I’ve ever done.

Definetly gaming, competitive gaming. Too bad i dont have time to play much anymore.

We had an intern that told me that the $250 jeans we buy at department stores are crap and that the real ballers wear japanese denim… he also didnt wash his jeans b/c its bad for them so he’d put them in the freezer to kill the bacteria

Never thought about that.

How much do you guys tip the shoe shine guy? If it costs $6-8, I normally tip $2. Just wondering if I’m in the norm here.

This concept was in the news not to long ago. Apparently Anderson Cooper was on one of the daytime chick shows and mentioned that he only owns one pair of jeans and that he wears them everyday and never washes them. He just puts them in the freezer every couple of days. Turns out that Levis Strauss actually recommends that.

Yeah, we spent two days with a guide in the red river gorge. Unofrtunately, we didn’t make it to Miguel’s, but that gives us a reason to go back.

Do you climb at any local gyms? Anyhow, if you ever head back down again, hit me up. If it works with my schedule, I can coral my friends into making a trip down, save you money on a guide. We always camp at Miguels too. I think Miguels is overrated, but what do I know.

The washing doesn’t damage it per se, it affects the coloring. Japanese denim (and raw denim in general, although japan has really good quality due to buying old American looms) matches the way you wear denim. It will fade and be custom tailored to your body, which looks ten million times better. And you choose everything from how much fading, creasing, etc based on how you wear it, what temperature you wash it in, when you wash it, etc. These are areas of note:

And: Some examples of what it looks like: The above have been washed (you can tell by the contrast). They also are Nudis (I’d say a good brand to start off with). if he puts those jeans on, those honey combs will be directly behind the knee. The stacks will form to his shoes he wears with it, to where they will hang and not touch the floor (raw denim is tougher and doesn’t just fall cuz of gravity). And:

If you are more curious on the history or specifics, let me know. My replies kept getting deleted by trying to insert pictures, so I wrote less than originally intended.

People (esp girls) generally notice the jeans look better, although they don’t know why. But people who are familiar will be able to describe in detail what is good about it.

In an attempt to link some of the posts:

I used to climb a lot in college. Went to Fresno St. Spent every weekend in Yosemite.

I am currently spending time taking flying lessons. The guy who owns the FBO I fly out of started 7 Forever Jeans.

Played paddle tennis the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot of fun.

I go mountain biking just about every weekend, altthough my favorite spot is now burnt to a crisp thank to that fire near Camarillo, CA last week. That hillside is exacly where I ride.

Still take Piano lessons. !0 years into it with same teacher. I should be A LOT better.

^ How long does it take you to play Chopin’s The Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 64, No. 1?

Not jeans related, but fashion related. I just found dappered.com last night. Pretty great site for some men’s style tips and current sales.

Sounds like my intern… he only owns one pair of jeans too but wears them everyday. I’d think that you’re better off having four $100 pair of jeans than one $400 pair, because ppl that dont change their clothes are considered dirty and poor but whatever…

Are any of you guys wearing boots… the fashion kind, not Timberlands, ones where you cuff your jeans above them or tuck them into the boot? I’m thinking about getting some…

Oh god no. I mean, I’d rock these all day long, but I’d never cuff or tuck my jeans into them.

My girl and I climb at a local gym once every week or two. It’s a good community there, and there’s a lot of variety in the routes. The gym is connected to a Lifetime fitness mega gym, but the climbers are a completely different crowd from the rich suburbanites in the main part of the gym. It’s great.

We plan on climbing regularly (even though we’d like to get on the wall more often) for a while since it’s one of the few athletic activities that we can enjoy together, even though we’re at different skill levels.

They look like the Hush Puppies that the dorky kids used to wear in the early 80’s.

^Thats the problem with those types of boots/shoes… I think they look like mockisins (sp?)…