"We really need some new discussion topics." - Plantir

You don’t have to wear them every day. But if you don’t, you don’t break them in quickly (it can take up to a year if you want a lot of contrast/fades). I don’t do much fades, so I have a few pairs I rotate and they just ‘age’ slower.

And you have no fashion taste if you think the four 100 jeans matches the 400! ha ha j/k, but kinda not :slight_smile:

Has nothing to do with fashion taste, the point is that owning 1 pair of jeans makes you look like a dirty slob… only cartoon characters are exempt from not having to change their clothes.

If you’re born again, do you have two belly buttons? Discuss.

I know, pretty sweet.

i think jeans with all the wacky creases and contrasts (like most of those pics posted) look weird instead of cool. I never really subscribed to all that denim stuff I guess…but it seems like everyone buys $400 pants and then a year later, when they probably start to feel good from wearing them everyday and never washing them, the style switches and all the sudden sequined pocket pants are out and you gotta go buy stuff with pink stiching or something…

Cool if it is your interest, I just never understood or thought I looked that toolish for wearing standard issue pants.

I did bite on this turtleneck sweater craze awhile back, and had to purge half my winter wardrobe when I finally woke up from that haze.

Who the f buys $400 jeans?

The type of trends you are stating are for regular jeans, not raw denim. Raw denim tends to be very simple and again, the fades/creases are all up to the owner. When bought they all are dark dyed with no fades whatsoever. I don’t have a single pair faded white. Most of mine are slight fades of lighter blue in certain areas.

Kayne West has been known to wear RRL (Ralph Lauren raw denim). Of all my pairs, those are my favorite.

Please see below:

Also, you can wash them after every use if you so wish. Just would have to be woolite and no movement (washed in a bath tub etc). The movement is what looses most of the dye. Comparing them dollar wise doesn’t make sense. It would be like saying a 400 dollar suit that is tailored looks worse than four 100 dolalr suits off the rack. The price isn’t what you should compare, but rather the way it looks vs the dollar amount. You can get raw denim really cheap (Think Levi’s can be like $40-60, not Japanese). And they’d stil be better quality. But anyway, that’s my niche area I felt I’d share with this thread :slight_smile:

Please see below:

Also, you can wash them after every use if you so wish. Just would have to be woolite and no movement (washed in a bath tub etc). The movement is what looses most of the dye. Comparing them dollar wise doesn’t make sense. It would be like saying a 400 dollar suit that is tailored looks worse than four 100 dolalr suits off the rack. The price isn’t what you should compare, but rather the way it looks normalized by the dollar amount. You can get raw denim really cheap (Think Levi’s can be like $40-60, not Japanese). And they’d stil be better quality. But anyway, that’s my niche area I felt I’d share with this thread :slight_smile:

Not me. I’ll stick with my fatguy Levi’s 550’s.

@rawraw- your missing my point, it doesnt matter if they’re cooler, better value, style up to the owner- my point is that if you only wear one pair of jeans its weird, even if you wash them ppl will assume you’re wearing dirty clothes if you wear them every day.

I know you dont have to wear them everyday but it seems that the only people I know that wear jap denim do wear them everyday. Im guessnig this is fairly common because of the stuff you mentioned about breaking them in & etc

rawraw- hey man if thats your thing, I’m not knocking it as an interest in general, just never saw the appeal. I’m sure a lot of people dont see the appeal in brewing beer, running, etc. but others dig that.

With that said, the more different my closet can look from Kanye’s closet the better in my opinion.

BS-you should be happy with 5.11’s…I sure would be if I could get there consistently!

LOL!

I went through that phase too. Can’t believe how silly I look when I look at old pics.

^ One nice thing about not being a very trendy dresser (but still wearing nice clothes) has been the fact that pretty much all of my pictures back through college look like things I could reasonably see myself wearing these days.

Yea, I didn’t mean to come off defensive. Just clarifying! :slight_smile: It’s always funny to see people’s reactions. Your reaction is very typical actually lol

homo

nothing wrong with homo.

I got some black/grey jeans button fly from Bondgonotstraat in Belgium. I actually wore cologne when I was there. Jean Paul Gaultier.

I miss those times.