Welcome Back. Please Don't Discuss Specific Questions

I found the AM was around the same difficulty as the CFA mocks. I was a little worried over the lunch break and figured that since I was consistently scoring anywhere from 65% - 70% on the mocks leading up to the exam ( I scored 69% on a CFA AM and PM mock the day before the exam) a conservative guess would be that I scored at least 60% in the AM. I decided to make a goal for myself in the PM to score 80% (120 x 0.8 = 96)

The PM went much better for me and I feel like I made up some ground. After an hour an a half in I counted 78 answers I felt very confident I answered correctly and stored that number in my calculator. I wish I had time to do another count at the two and a half hour mark but I didn’t have time.

My most conservative estimate is that I scored AM = 60% and PM = 76.66% which puts me at a combined score of 68.33% = Maybe a pass, most likely band 10

A moderate estimate would be AM = 61% and PM = 79% combined score of 70% = PASS!

I really hope I am being hard on myself right now and that I am underestimating my performance in the AM.

Eight weeks of nail biting and speculation to follow!

Did you felt buzzed ? As I concern during the evening I was still thinking about the exam about how I should have answered etc. I was physically at a party but my mind was still at the test center, very weird sensation

I honestly found PM much easier. I absolutely flew through FRA econ and quant and then just took my time on the rest.

I feel you dude, I wake up and I still have flashbacks of the exam lol. It’s going to be a long 7-8 weeks.

I thought the PM was harder than the AM. Had to randomly guess like 3 to 4 questions for the PM. Didn’t outright guess a single one for the AM, albeit I had “educated guesses” for both sessions. Finished both the AM and the PM in two hours each though.

I ended up taking 30 minutes to bubble in the circles for both the AM and PM sessions. Found out the hard way that sheet was VERY easy to smudge, even though I brought a Palomino eraser … sigh.

On another note, at least four people brought the wrong calculator just in my section … no words

Found the AM paper much more tough. Used up untill the very last minute… Quite positive that am able to pass

AM seemed way easier, however, I think it is because there is the fatigue factor for sure. Had 25 mins to review everything in the AM and literally only 10 mins to go backwards and review from PM to middle of ECON, didn’t make it to Quant to review but overall felt OK since I took my sweet time anyway in the afternoon session.

The thing I will be contemplating over the next 7 weeks is if >70 in Ethics, FRA, and Fixed Income and 50-70 in everything else, MAYBE <50 in PM because I feel that could be possible, is going to be enough. I took 8 mock exams, including 2 CFAI mocks (70, 68 percent respectively) and the others were mix of Schweser and Fitch with averages around 75 percent (90/120)). Based on that, I cannot see me scoring less than raw scores of 80/120 on AM and PM each which would put me at a raw score of 66.67.

Obviously the MPS varies from exam to exam, but from what any of you have heard or read, you think that score across the entire exam will be enough?

AM seemed easier. significantly. had 1 hr.30mins left in both sessions.

1. is it true that 72 mistakes determine the cutoff point for a pass/fail?

2. im guessing the number of incorrect amongst the 72 matters in which topics u get them wrong since each topic holds different weightages?

Sounds like I’m in the minority here. I was scoring an average of 75 on all the mocks and felt the exam was much harder.

PM was harder for me. Probably fatigue factor also playing. A lot more uncertainties.

I zoomed through AM and finished 120 questions in 90 minutes, spending the next 60 minutes going through everything again and 15 minutes on darkening the answers just to make sure the answer sheet scanner does not screw me. The rest is just being giddy, fiddling my fingers, calculator, eraser and pencils.

http://www.psych.nyu.edu/jost/Zuckerman%20&%20Jost%20(2001)%20What%20Makes%20You%20Think%20You’re%20So%20Popular1.pdf

Well I am right there with you, my friend. pretty much exact same. 75 average on all mocks (8 or so) and actual exam was definitely harder. Good thing is, we won’t need a 75 to clear. Nowhere close actually. Fingers crossed!

Man such an anxious wait until January 27 to get the results.

Especially anxious because I am quite confident I got something between 65-70 on the exam and from what I read this does not guarantee a pass. It is a danger zone where I could be band 10 or a pass.

Hopefully forces are on my side and I will promise to put day and night in for level 2.

If I end up failing then I won’t complain and actually study more because I know I took the exam lightly (foolish I know) !

Is it really January 27?

On one side, if this is real, I’m glad I get some certainty.

On the other hand, I can’t wait.

January 24th. Registration opens back up the 25th I think.

Honestly the real exam was easier than any mock I did including the Schweser practice exams and online mock and Wiley’s mocks

Just go through the curriculum or your other study material and review your questions whatever you can remember from the exam. I did the same. I was able to review 180 out of 240 questions that I remembered after the level 1 exam in JUNE 2016 Exam. My actual score was very close to what I had estimated after I reviewed exam questions after the exam as per my memory

Well prepared candidates always find the Level 1 exam easy. However, “Easy” is a relative term. Something that is easy for you might be tough for others and vice versa :slight_smile:

You will pass if you get between 65% and 70%.

Fingers Crossed man.