What are you bringing into the exam?

guys, i am only trying to be safe, that’s all, and the more I am trying to interpret something, the more vulnerable it makes me. Take whatever pencils inspire you for the exam!

Papermate PHD ultra…cost me $6…but its worth every penny. also got good scores with it, so I think its lucky as well…

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guys, i am only trying to be safe, that’s all, and > the more I am trying to interpret something, the > more vulnerable it makes me. Take whatever pencils > inspire you for the exam! Fair enough, it would be a rude surprise indeed if they took away all my mech. pencils and i wasnt able to write the exam

I thought we can bring a backpack and leave it outside the exam room, in the hall or something. Cell phone can be inside the bag, right? What about wallet? women handbags?

broker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dumb question, but can you wear a baseball cap? > In the CMT exam, they even take that away. yeah, i was wondering somethig similar. Do i have to wear a suit or anything for this exam? How are you guys dressing for this exam?

you can bring anything you want as long as you leave it outside. you can bring your wallet in the exam room but you’ll have to keep it in your pocket at all times. I think I’ll just grab a couple of credit cards, some cash and my driver’s license, no point in carrying a huge wallet

TokyoBBB Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah, i was wondering somethig similar. Do i have > to wear a suit or anything for this exam? > > How are you guys dressing for this exam? lol, that made my day. No, you don’t have to dress up, dress as comfortably as you can.

At least wear smart casual right? isnt there an@ethnics requirement or something about how you present yourself?

I am getting 2 pairs of earplugs (one pair for each session) to keep me concentrated on the exam and away from those 5700 people appearing in the NYC Javits center. - Dinesh S

smart casual? are you going on a date or going to pass the exam

LongOnCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smart casual? are you going on a date or going to > pass the exam Its indeed a date!! you get to have a kiss of death at the end

pass the exam and then go for a date.

Hah Tokyo I asked myself the same thing about wearing a suit / nice clothes. After all the time I’ve spent studying for this crazy test it would almost disrespectful to my effort not to wear nice clothes or something… Am personally wearing average jeans and a sweatshirt I think. CPK: Since you’ve seen this all before, what do most people wear? Thanks man.

guys, u cannot take any type of bag inside the test room. they even confiscated zip lock bags. They also took my small alarm clock which i was going to use to keep track of time. however, they had many canvases set up around the room to show how much time was left…

There could be some good looking women taking the exam. Losing focus…

maybe some are walking in in their PJs. Never observed. I just wore what I felt most comfortable in, my daily working clothes. However, given its December, the examination hall is big, and there might be a draft – keep something warm as well. CP

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am getting 2 pairs of earplugs (one pair for > each session) to keep me concentrated on the exam > and away from those 5700 people appearing in the > NYC Javits center. > > - Dinesh S Seriously, you can bring ear plugs? I’d be all over that. Also, where does it say on CFA’s website that you can bring two calculators to the exam?

One other thing, if we can bring two calculators to the exam, and they both have to be the same make, would it be possible to bring a regular BA II Plus and a BA II Plus Professional? Even though I have the regular BA II Plus, I just ordered the Pro model from Amazon–it was offerred at a great price, and I might as well go with the Pro model if I need a second calculator.

florinpop Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pass the exam and then go for a date. That’s what I am going to do. I owe that to my wife :slight_smile:

I` gonna go dressed-up as BORAT. Very niiiiiiiiiice!