What are you giving up for Lent?

Also: How many masochists would give up Lent (and indulge in pleasure in general), for Lent?

I’m giving up akanska and trading for KarenC

does anyone know a good place to go to stations in chicago? preferably near oak park

"(4) Girls (ones that aren’t serious girlfriends, anyway) " You mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your johnson every night?

Mr. Pink is the username that Dan Loeb used on Silicon Investor to recommend to every to short a stock that his hedge fund was shorting. Are you Dan Loeb? If so, I think you should give me a big position in your organization for knowing that fact. Please PM me.

There’s nothing to give up when you have nothing! :frowning:

i should give up complaining about my roommate. it would be really tough since he’s such a jerk…

I just don’t realize why we should give up these things only for Lent. After all Jesus suffered and died so that we might be free of our sins 24*7, and not just during Lent !!!

quantforCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just don’t realize why we should give up these > things only for Lent. After all Jesus suffered and > died so that we might be free of our sins 24*7, > and not just during Lent !!! LOL!

Did you buy any ABS at the peak? If so, you’ve already given up what you lent.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you buy any ABS at the peak? > > If so, you’ve already given up what you lent. Banks are not lent-ing these days.

OK, I’ve decided to give up alcohol. After having a rowdier Mardi Gras night than I expected, going completely sober for the next 40 days might just be what the doctor ordered. Anyway, I woke up at 6AM because of dehydration and can’t fall back asleep, so I might as well just head to the office now.

I’m going to give up fast food and do more volunteer work. Don’t think anyone here will be giving up alcohol for lent - the office fridges are even stacked full of beer right now! :slight_smile:

Giving up my secret crush on men

Wow Karen, you Irish lasses don’t fool around when it comes to beverages… As for myself, yesterday night was supposed to be just a night out with a couple co-workers over a cocktail or two. Over time, our little social gathering grew to include a group of friends, some sorority chicks from Cal, and perhaps a few too many drinks (e.g. a cabernet, three glasses of scotch, two tanq and tonics, and two Coronas). Having to wake up this morning was a sobering reminder that I’m not actually in college anymore and maybe I’m not quite as young as I like to think sometimes…oh well. Glad I got that all of that done before Lent…

It’s not even us - mgmt fill up the fridges with beer as the clients from NY and London only come over for “strategy meetings” i.e. get locked in Temple Bar! And we just schedule office nights out every few fridays/thursdays - have one this week - which usually consist of about 6 beers in the office and then out to pub for shots/more beer, absolute torture coming into work the next day… :frowning: you’d think we would learn but no!

MEN!!! And Stupid people!!! ^^

I’m thinking of giving up coffee… I didn’t use to drink much, but these days I am taking 2 a day. I would definitely miss it.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow Karen, you Irish lasses don’t fool around when > it comes to beverages… > > As for myself, yesterday night was supposed to be > just a night out with a couple co-workers over a > cocktail or two. Over time, our little social > gathering grew to include a group of friends, some > sorority chicks from Cal, and perhaps a few too > many drinks (e.g. a cabernet, three glasses of > scotch, two tanq and tonics, and two Coronas). > > Having to wake up this morning was a sobering > reminder that I’m not actually in college anymore > and maybe I’m not quite as young as I like to > think sometimes…oh well. Glad I got that all of > that done before Lent… St. Paddys day is coming up.

Mona8835 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MEN!!! > > And Stupid people!!! > > ^^ you’re lucky we haven’t met yet; otherwise you might have second thoughts about that one!