What are you giving up for Lent?

Which is great… unless you’re working Paddys day! :frowning:

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow Karen, you Irish lasses don’t fool around when > it comes to beverages… > > As for myself, yesterday night was supposed to be > just a night out with a couple co-workers over a > cocktail or two. Over time, our little social > gathering grew to include a group of friends, some > sorority chicks from Cal, and perhaps a few too > many drinks (e.g. a cabernet, three glasses of > scotch, two tanq and tonics, and two Coronas). > > Having to wake up this morning was a sobering > reminder that I’m not actually in college anymore > and maybe I’m not quite as young as I like to > think sometimes…oh well. Glad I got that all of > that done before Lent… You must have met the 1% of CAL chicks that are good looking.

@ Numi. > MEN!!! > > And Stupid people!!! > > ^^ “you’re lucky we haven’t met yet; otherwise you might have second thoughts about that one!” Are you referring to men or stupid people?

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow Karen, you Irish lasses don’t fool around when > it comes to beverages… > > As for myself, yesterday night was supposed to be > just a night out with a couple co-workers over a > cocktail or two. Over time, our little social > gathering grew to include a group of friends, some > sorority chicks from Cal, and perhaps a few too > many drinks (e.g. a cabernet, three glasses of > scotch, two tanq and tonics, and two Coronas). > > Having to wake up this morning was a sobering > reminder that I’m not actually in college anymore > and maybe I’m not quite as young as I like to > think sometimes…oh well. Glad I got that all of > that done before Lent… You’re hardcore Numi. I’ve been sleep deprived over the last few weeks and last night it caught up with me. I was out before the prez started rambling and woke up this morning at 4 am, probably an hour or two after you got to bed.

Mona8835 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @ Numi. > > > MEN!!! > > > > And Stupid people!!! > > > > ^^ > > “you’re lucky we haven’t met yet; otherwise you > might have second thoughts about that one!” > > Are you referring to men or stupid people? +1

@ John… Okay so i’m still new this forum… what does +1 means?

alcohol

It means everyone has to take off one article of clothing when you make a funny remark.

Mona8835 – you know what I meant, but your comment was still entertaining. Nicely done. I’ll let you win Round 1. Bankin’ – I only wish I were that hardcore; I think my sleep deprivation and social tendencies have been catching up with me as well. Things have actually been pretty busy for me lately, but I’ve found that a couple cups of black tea really gets me going in the morning. What’s been keeping you busy these days? BTW, I was at Idle Rich last night. It’s amazing how different the scene is on a normal weekday night versus Saturdays (when it becomes overrun with SMU students)…

I C… Even now i’m still striving to follow and keep up with this forum sense of humor…

Mona…what is your hair color?

It isn’t blonde.

NUmi - LMAO!! I did i did!! i can’t lie on this one. I just couldn’t help myself. Sorry buddy. I promise to be more nicer. I was just in a sarcastic smart@SS mode. I’ll turn it off. hehehe Sorry!!

It’s okay, Mona. It’s all in good fun – thanks for adding a little color to my otherwise corporate lifestyle. :slight_smile: (P.S. Hope you’ve got your sparring gloves on. I’m bringing my “A” game in Round 2.)

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mona8835 – you know what I meant, but your > comment was still entertaining. Nicely done. I’ll > let you win Round 1. > > Bankin’ – I only wish I were that hardcore; I > think my sleep deprivation and social tendencies > have been catching up with me as well. Things have > actually been pretty busy for me lately, but I’ve > found that a couple cups of black tea really gets > me going in the morning. What’s been keeping you > busy these days? BTW, I was at Idle Rich last > night. It’s amazing how different the scene is on > a normal weekday night versus Saturdays (when it > becomes overrun with SMU students)… Work has been chaotic as of late. We acquired an investment bank and it (among other things) has thrown some hiccups into my modeling. Not to mention with a new year comes a new budget, I could go on… At night I’ve been mostly studying for Level III, then my wife gets me up at 5:30ish to feed our son while she gets ready for work. The combination has been draining. I really shouldn’t complain since she handles him during sleeping hours and drives from our house (Frankford / Tollway) to his grandmother’s house (in Allen) to drop him off and pick him up daily. I’ve never been to Idle Rich. Do you recommend it?

LOL Nice! Who you telling about corporate lifestyle! What level of corporate are you in?

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (e.g. a cabernet, three glasses of scotch, two tanq and tonics, and two Coronas). Come on Numi, don’t be a counter, you’re better than that…

I’m giving up ice cream…this might sound lame but it is probably my favorite indulgence…MMM I wish I was eating some right now!

So is Lent just a Catholic thing? I know most Protestant types don’t do Lent (they do Halloween instead of Carnaval). Do Orthodox do lent stuff? And, BTW, what is Ash Wednesday all about? I know that they burn the palms from last years Palm sunday (sort of like how Christmas is when you pull out the plum pudding you made last year). But what does the ash symbolize, and why does one do it 40 days before Easter?

Well ditchdigger’s doing it too so I guess not.