What are you guys going to do with $600 from Uncle Sam?

I’m thinking about putting that money in my Roth IRA. Sounds lame :slight_smile:

what are you talking about?

maybe I’ll buy a foreclosed house and stimulate the housing/mortgage market a bit.

Bush is planning on giving everyone tax rebates to stimulate the economy. Some people say its $600 bucks.

The idea is that you are supposed to blow it on stupid stuff as quickly as you get it. At least that’s what I think Bernanke said.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The idea is that you are supposed to blow it on > stupid stuff as quickly as you get it. At least > that’s what I think Bernanke said. Uncle sam is giving you the $ and uncle ben is telling you what to do with …

How about booze and drugs?

Exactly (JDV). And I heard it could be $800. They were talking about the problem that many people may just save the money - how terrible. Although sticking the money in the bank isn’t a direct investment in the economy, wouldn’t that increase the ability of the banking system to increase their lending capital, and thus, increase the business activity in the near future? I plan on paying down some credit card debt - woohoo!

Charity. Then I can take a holier than thou attitude every time the subject comes up.

Well, it would be a problem if everyone put that money to pay debt and not spend it.

I’ll spend mine on CFA study materials.

I’ll spend mine overseas and fuel other economies.

I will save it for the bad days that are coming up…

you could buy 606 Wendy’s hamburger (99 c each) in the State of Delaware (no sales tax there)…

Drugs? Illegal, underground activity doesn’t count in GDP, so you’d be doing your country a disservice. Stick with the alcohol, please.

Cfa2grunt… wrong. I would argue that the dealers would buy all sorts of economy stimulating goods: cars, diamonds, Cristal, houses, etc. Didn’t you see Scarface? That movie is the reason I am saving for a hot tub in my bedroom.

You want an Elvi?

HoldSideAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Charity. Then I can take a holier than thou > attitude every time the subject comes up. watch as all the politicans will do that, they always do

It’s going to help pay off my credit card.

I am going to do what GWB wants me to do and blow it on something totally unnecessary.