What does your screen name stand for?

As an aside to the CFA discussions, i’ve always wanted to know how many of you came up with your screen names. Some screen names such as AllLevelPass and wanderingcfa are still easy to understand. But then there are many others such as mwvt9, budfox427, dwight, florinpop, pmoonoi, maratikus, JoeyDVivre, Wa_Wa, ws, nikko0355, Mandelbrot, patkeenan, tibwa and leafsrule that make you wonder. There are some pleasant ones such as plyon and ilvino and some funny ones like mumukad aand old_akakaraka. There are ones like bigwilly you don’t want to speculate about and others like Shruti Farms that you imagine belongs to an attractive blonde girl? Whatever be the screen name, i’m sure there is a story behind it. So let’s hear how and why you came up with your’s. I’ll start: Before joining the CFA program I believed I had magical powers and could crush any exam that came before me. In the last 2 years that delusion has subsided somewhat. I could use some of those powers on 06/07/09! Magix.

My name represents my beet farm. Magix, I’m sorry I crushed your fantasy.

In a far far history I hacked the website of a Formula One team and still get in with this username. Gives me a lot of insight of what they’re doing!! Therefore, the ‘pass’ in my username doesn’t have anything to do with CFA exams… although I would definitely not use it when I’d fail L3 this year!

Also, I’m happy to help you think about others: mwvt9: Virginia Tech? JoeyDVivre: derived from Joie de Vivre? plyon: cheating here, because it’s simple derived from his name

Correct on me mcpass. mw = intials vt = virginia tech 9 = always been my number

I’ve worked at various banks since college in 2001. When I signed up for the account I had no intention of becoming a regular poster or even a frequent visitor of AF, had I known how much time I’d spend here I would have put more thought into it.

Let me guess, Bankin’…you’re a Vice President at the bank? My name is just something goofy after Chad banned my old name.

what was your old name sponge?

I am loyal to my employer (how stupid am I?). My didn’t put too much thoughts to my username initially, it stands for the my firm’s initial.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let me guess, Bankin’…you’re a Vice President > at the bank? What are you saying, that banks just hand out titles? No way! I earned my ‘Bank Officer’ designation. :slight_smile:

I decided to use my nickname from college. I might have to ask my college friends about how they derived it.

just my name. not very interesting ha?

WVHOME “take me home, west virginia”… not from west virginia, just went to a WV football game, they played it after the game. fantastic fan moment i posted alot here under another name… no banning or anything, but i couldn’t get my username/password to work and i have very limited access to the email account it’s linked to (anyway, didn’t mind starting fresh)

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what was your old name sponge? I’m fearful of revealing that because of the wrath of Chad.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What are you saying, that banks just hand out > titles? No way! I earned my ‘Bank Officer’ > designation. :slight_smile: I’m just guessing that the bank org chart is pretty bloated in the Vice President level…

Sparty = name of my school mascot 419 = the Nigerian Criminal Code…I grew up in Lagos (15 years +)

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, I’m happy to help you think about others: > plyon: cheating here, because it’s simple derived > from his name True, although I didn’t know you knew that. I use my name (or an obvious derivation of it) because I think the “anonymity” that many think they have on this and other message boards is a dangerous illusion. Your IP addresses are all logged and this will go down on your permanent record, you know!

As if a legend like yourself can stay anonymous.

:slight_smile: I miss the Off Topic section

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mcpass Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Also, I’m happy to help you think about others: > > > plyon: cheating here, because it’s simple > derived > > from his name > > True, although I didn’t know you knew that. > You posted your level I results with your name! Remember?