What does your screen name stand for?

Plyon = amateur Dude, posting your name with the results?

I always wondered too… My name is related to work- which is daring to value swaps… and joined this forum in 07.

sparty419, some interesting revelation from you. that should likely freak out the average knowing westerner, I guess… au contraire, mine simply means son of Obagberume, King of Igbodigo, Ikaleland…no, I’m not related to Akeem, son of King Jaffi Joffa, ruler of Zaimunda…

mine was extremely random as I signed up to just make one comment and then got hooked…but it stands for City I used to live for 15 years (North Vancouver) and well Candidate you all know…so definition: Candidate from North Vancouver…and yes North Vancouver is geographically North of Vancouver, BC, Canada …but only 15 min drive from down town Vancouver.

Umm… not a lot of women on the board so smokin’ hot refers to my ummm… physical qualities? Tongue in Cheek? But I’ll be at Windsor so I guess some of the others on this board might post later on to dispute my claim to hotness.

ng=initials, and 30=# of my favorite hockey player when i started making screen names about 13 years ago. ironically, he still starts for the red wings. ozzy!

Suddenly I wish I was going to Windsor

remind me not to wire sparty any money. not from/never lived in st louis, not a cardinals fan, don’t work at the st louis car museum… just boring ole name related. OK I could not resist… I had to check out the Ode Igbodigo google satellite map. wow that is no joke. AOL travel wanted me to “Be the first to share your opinion – rate and review Igbodigo, Nigeria today!” I am tempted to take them up on that offer. Apparently these are the best women Queens has to offer. Pick one and let’s go home.

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm… not a lot of women on the board so smokin’ > hot refers to my ummm… physical qualities? > Tongue in Cheek? But I’ll be at Windsor so I > guess some of the others on this board might post > later on to dispute my claim to hotness. What will you be wearing the first day, I’ll look for you? I’ll be the one in yellow, sorta squarish.

first 3 letters to my name + an ‘‘s’’ (i just like adding an s to words, dont know why) I’ll have the obligation of verifing exactitude of smokin’hot’s affirmation at Windsor week, remember its very important to be clear about fact vs. opinion. ng30: while in Windsor I,ll be going to game no2, i’ll be seating right in back of no30, row 7.

Sims, I’m so jealous! That will be freaking sweet, should be a good series. I hit up a game when I was back home around Christmas time. Enjoy!

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You posted your level I results with your name! > Remember? Don’t say that!!! Now he will no longer think we’re stalking him.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Plyon = amateur > > Dude, posting your name with the results? Seriously… I would just as soon my nick be my actual name. If I meet you at the John Harris seminar, would I tell you my name was “Joker”, until I got to know you or something??? That’s just ridiculous. Why do we do that here? So we can be rude and unprofessional without repercussion? It’s not so we speak more freely, because I can easily express myself just as freely using my real name (and if you can’t, at least here in the US, then maybe you should reconsider what it is you are trying to express).

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm… not a lot of women on the board so smokin’ > hot refers to my ummm… physical qualities? > Tongue in Cheek? But I’ll be at Windsor so I > guess some of the others on this board might post > later on to dispute my claim to hotness. I think you said you were at Westchester (Pace U.) for level II last June, right? Didn’t notice you. DK’d.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Plyon = amateur > > > > Dude, posting your name with the results? > > > Seriously… I would just as soon my nick be my > actual name. If I meet you at the John Harris > seminar, would I tell you my name was “Joker”, > until I got to know you or something??? That’s > just ridiculous. Why do we do that here? So we > can be rude and unprofessional without > repercussion? It’s not so we speak more freely, > because I can easily express myself just as freely > using my real name (and if you can’t, at least > here in the US, then maybe you should reconsider > what it is you are trying to express). There goes that sarcasm thing again… I was joking, it was actually a fairly common mistake when people started posting their results.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My name represents my beet farm. > > Magix, I’m sorry I crushed your fantasy. Yeah mine is a reference to Dwight Schrute from The Office (TV show). By the way Shrute Farms your name is misspelled. You need a “c” in there. I signed up on this forum soon after joining my first job. During that time period I also became a huge fan of The Office, in part due to parallels between the characters on the show and some of my co-workers. It is the only show that I watch regularly. I decided that I personally identified most with Dwight’s personality on the show, so I used that name when I signed up for this forum. Thanks for the refreshingly original post Magix! Nice to read something interesting unrelated to the exam.

I think the theories of Benoit Mandelbrot (“The Misbehaviour of Markets”) are going to change the way we discuss risk and reward in the next few years, so I adopted his name in tribute! Good thread!

I changed my screen name on here because most of my old posts used a screen name I had since high school. I am now wanderingcfa because: Wandering = because I I have moved around every few years since college. CFA = duh

Mines my last name because I have no imagination.

nickname from my buddies because I used to be a lowly stockbroker (from Charlie Sheen’s character in Wall Street in case you have somehow not seen the movie.)