What does your screen name stand for?

This is an interesting thread. I am an addicted gambler…

My intentions are to

i fancy cats.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shrute Farms Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My name represents my beet farm. > > > > Magix, I’m sorry I crushed your fantasy. > > > Yeah mine is a reference to Dwight Schrute from > The Office (TV show). > > By the way Shrute Farms your name is misspelled. > You need a “c” in there. > > I signed up on this forum soon after joining my > first job. During that time period I also became > a huge fan of The Office, in part due to parallels > between the characters on the show and some of my > co-workers. It is the only show that I watch > regularly. > > I decided that I personally identified most with > Dwight’s personality on the show, so I used that > name when I signed up for this forum. > > Thanks for the refreshingly original post Magix! > Nice to read something interesting unrelated to > the exam. Schrute Farms is my #1 competitor.

So here is the story about my screen name: When I was in my teens, my first job was to work in a storagehouse of pharmaceuticals; so when a pharmacy sent an order for some medicine, we had to look it up and get it from this huge depot and package and send it to them. One of my coworkers, who was really a strange guy (and who had the worst-smelling feet ever), figured out that i was playing drums and kept on telling me that he was a “musician” too and that some of his ideas for songs and melodies he used to compose were in fact stolen from him when he presented them at auditions, and released without his acknowledgement by some “major music labels”; however, he refused to tell me who in the music industry he was refering to or which songs were stolen. Then, he told me about this mentor who taught him to sing, write songs and everything about rythm. He told me that he was “an extremely wise old guy of African descent”, and his name was Old Akakaraka. That name kinda stuck. So I shamelessly copied it and used it as my screen name.

I am familiar with his work and it is fantastic. That sounds like a really strange job.

Middle name + year I was born

omoobagberume r u from nigeria?

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > omoobagberume > > r u from nigeria? Yes. Go figure. I suspected someone would go check up my place on google earth, lol… in any case I was last in town in '03…I’m obsessively metropolitan…

I went to the University of Florida for undergrad… and MAN, I can’t wait until NCAA football season starts up again

my best friend’s name is Osaru No Monkichi…

i’m actually siamese twins - joined at the hip pocket we argue all the time

No wonder you could “retire” so early. You have the power of two.

2 heads - but only half a brain between them…

to clarify, does each head have both lobes at half power or one lobe each?

one side’s callable and the other side’s putable - so there’s a whole lotta convexity goin’ on…

I registered two days before my first of two attempts at LI - I knew I was going to fail so I was drinking instead of studying… and just happened to be sipping a glass of fine wine.

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my best friend’s name is Osaru No Monkichi… Ahhh thats disappointing. I actually thought that you made a typo and instead of ey typed i. If i make guesses like that in exam Im screwed big time…

omoobagberume Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sparty419, some interesting revelation from you. > that should likely freak out the average knowing > westerner, I guess… > > au contraire, mine simply means son of Obagberume, > King of Igbodigo, Ikaleland…no, I’m not related > to Akeem, son of King Jaffi Joffa, ruler of > Zaimunda… Hey; You’re writing ur exam in Accra, Ghana. right?

Yes…