What happens to candidates who violate a rule at the exam?

i.e. if you keep writing after you’re told to stop. if you get a notice in the mail, can you consider your score nulled?

Did this happen to you? JDV should have some advice for you. I believe you’ll have an opportunity to defend yourself. Writing over the time limit would null your score, yes.

I dont know, but if you grope the women you get taken out in shackles…

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did this happen to you? JDV should have some > advice for you. I believe you’ll have an > opportunity to defend yourself. Writing over the > time limit would null your score, yes. no, it didn’t happen to me. i’m just curious. it happened to someone on this forum (L3)

You get a letter in the mail which is known as the Professional Conduct Inquiry (PCP). You write an explaination for your actions and then a decision is made from there. Many times one’s score is null from what I’ve gathered.

I will just say they were really big and it is to be expected…I think they will understand.

Be somewhat hard to defend yourself on this one. Their word against yours, right? Hate to be in that situation.

isn’t it a bit late for that??

Most of the women at our test centre could best be described as having “nice personalities”. Never mind shackles, you’d deserve to be taken out in a straight jacket if you’d tried to grope them.

Good point, its. Haven’t these already gone out long ago? Perhaps we’re just hearing about it now? I would think the deadline to write back is getting close, too (if not gone).

Violators are ground up into sausage and fed to next year’s candidates as part of the $10 “lunchbox” they sell you between the AM and PM sessions. If I were you, I’d be wary of anyone smelling of mustard.

If you cut off a body part to say you’re sorry, does that help? Maybe you can mail it fedex or something?

If you cut off a body part to say you’re sorry, does that help? Maybe you can mail it fedex or something?

Hi everyone, I really hope someone as some good advice for a dear friend of mine… She was writing her CFA level 3 exam last Saturday and was so engrossed in her work that she didn’t hear the stop call and was just erasing something in less than 10 seconds and the proctor came up to her and called stop! She tried to plead with the proctor saying she didn’t hear however he couldn’t be bothered and so I guess she will be getting a Pcp inquiry soon, was anyone in the same position and what was the outcome of the case? Any help will be highly appreciated…

http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/conduct/cansanctions.html#time Score will probably be null and void. Check the instances out yourself. Best practice would be to take the private censure which is a slap on the wrist. A public censure gets your name on this site.

Female test taker/male proctor…there could have been a mutually agreeable solution…it didn’t have to come to this.

Oh man…penalties for “Assistance during Examination” are harsh, 5 year suspension from CFA program… even permanent suspension for some cases, crazy!

She could submit the results of an audiologist examination which indicates a hearing loss, (obviously this would have to be the truth) and explain how she did not hear the proctor call time since so engrossed in the test, and her minor hearing loss makes it easily understandable why she missed the call.

One of my professors used to and might still sit on the panel that decides what happens when candidates get a PCP for writing past the time limit and other foolish actions. He said they used to behead the offending party, but in these more politically correct times they usually null the exam and perhaps throw the candidate out of the program depending on how grumpy they are feeling that day and the explanation reason. I wouldn’t recommend taking your chances. On a more serious note, I would agree with the poster who recommended confirming if there is any hearing loss or reasonable grounds for why she may not have heard the “stop” command.

oh crap… the dude who sat next to me in level 2 this year accidentally scribbled a word on his exam ticket and the test proctor wrote him up. She convinced him that it wasn’t a big deal but she had to follow rules and say that there was writing on the exam ticket. From the sound of this, it looks like he’s screwed: “Candidates may not use scratch paper during the examination. Scratch paper includes writing paper, the examination ticket, calculator keystroke card, desk top, or any other surface. Despite this requirement, four Level I candidates, five Level II candidates, and one Level III candidate used their examination ticket as scratch paper during the examination. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct, thereby violating the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations. Three candidates, Wenhui Jia, a Level I candidate, and the Level III candidate accepted the sanction of One Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results. Peng Xing and a Level I candidate accepted the sanction of Two Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results. Five candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panels imposed the sanctions of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results on one candidate; One Year Suspension and Voiding of Examination Results on Pulkit Gupta, a Level I candidate, and a Level II candidate; and Three Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on a Level II candidate.”