what is this term "hacksaw" I keep seeing?

^ Haha, yes, true. Didn’t specify it is an integer multiple.

That isn’t the first time it was mentioned.

nah geo is good people. im sure he got it on lockdown like a BSD

Corporate finance doesn’t require an oath of poverty, chastity, and obedience.

Lies! :wink:

I should clarify that my commentary was more about their defensive attitudes and insecurities more than about the quality of their education.

I’m talking about what is ACTUALLY going on in my office, and you decided to deliver a trite stump speech filled with a irrelevant platitudes about what *could* happen. How much performance or intelligence you show has nothing to do with how much *they* show. The post was about them, and you tried to make it about you. I am concerned that if you would get defensive about where you went to school on an anonymous internet forum, you would act even worse IRL with your colleagues and loved ones. That is some BETA shit, men don’t want to follow BETAs, and women don’t want to fuck BETAs.

FYI: I went to a hacksaw graduate program after doing a prestigious undergrad. I don’t regret my decisions, but I can see a clear difference in the student body regarding both talent, ambition, and earnings ability.

Beta? More like Gamma or even Delta shiz.

Seems to me like geo was trying to be helpful. It’s poor form to alienate yourself with the experienced professionals on the forum.

As to the original question, is hacksaw an AF term or a Wall Street term, it is both. I am single handedly doing my best to expand usage of the term across the Street. Initial results are good. I encourage everyone reading this to do their part.

^Plz do same for “HCB”.

You really said that to your co workers? oh man what a scene that must have been.

I think I’d sht myself if I heard someone spout it on an earnings call.

Post deleted. I’m out of this thread, don’t want to engage in this.

I’ve done worse and have been kicked off several earnings calls for trolling people, lol! The best is when you get on there and ask questions that only a very obvious short seller would ask and then mgmt gets butt hurt about it and kicks you out of the queue.

These are the calls I want to hear. I can’t stand the calls with only big firms in the question line throwing soft pitches in hopes of winning the IB bid.

So often I’ve heard, “Good quarter/year regarding x, y, and z; can you add a little color how you’re going to keep this momentum moving forward?” Puke.

Without giving too much away Bro, can you give us the play by play of some calls you’ve been ‘hacksawed’ from?

+1 This is how every earnings call I’ve ever listened in on went. It drives me crazy. The utilities analyst from GS is REALLY soft… no offense if he’s on AF =)

There was one call where I thought the company lied to investors, so I “hijacked” the call in the Q&A under an assumed named and asked 4-5 brutal short-based questions before mgmt abruptly ended the call (they literally hung up on me and stopped taking questions from anyone after that and have never hosted open Q&A since). I guess I have a fairly distinctive voice and two people who know me but were not aware this was going to happen randomly called me afterward practically in tears laughing about the epic, epic trolling on the call. I’m known for being brutally verbally direct when I don’t like people and don’t agree with what they are doing or saying and this was a prime example.

Another time I got on the call as Chris Trollerson from Trollerson Capital and started wrecking face in the Q&A. No, that is not my real name. Holy shit that was funny.

Bro - The most interesting man on AF. Respect.

+1

Give us a heads up next time you troll a call Bro.

Very EPIC.