What is your post-exam reward to yourself going to be?

Yes, I does. However, Frank would never certify them as HCB’s.

What’s an HCB? Who is Blaine?

My car was the biggest purchase I had made in my life at that point, of course I researched cars before I bought one.

Idk if econgirl is a girl or not but I think she is a girl…just not girl type girl.

To your point, girls DO know about cars. I know just because my husband always talk about them.

Another point, sure they can be HCB.

BTW, my going to see Austin- 2012 formula-1 in Nov

I sense a slight hint of sarcasm.

No man. I’m a huge fan of motorcycles and traveling. In all seriousness. I’m slowly creeping through GMAT materials and if I get into a top 5 school I’ll probably leave my job around the turn of the year and take 3-4 months to motorcycle from the US to Chile on the trans american highway (or vice verse).

Don’t agree with you.

girls can say this.

It has always been a childhood dream of mine to travel through countries on a motorcycle and seeing the world. I think there is something nomadic engraved into our DNA that attracts us to that sort of adventure.

However I read about a young successful college grad that had a year before going into one of the top law schools. He got his M1 and decided to ride through the US, Mexico, down to Argentina. I was following his blog and envying his adventure. Then he didn’t post for a couple weeks. The next time he posted, he was recovering from an accident in Mexico and was paralized from the neck down. Obviously people on the forum showed a lot of sympathy and support for him. Fast forward about a year later, he posted a VERY philosophical and very well written suicide note before taking his life.

For better or for worse, reading his journey definitely changed my views on my motorcycle adventures.

How did he commit suicide if he was paralyzed from the neck down?

Good catch. He was paralyzed chest down. He used a knife to stab his midsection. He described in detail about his suicide process in the last part of his suicide note. That thing was like a novel. I would imagine it’s 50 pages long, quoting Nietzsche, Shakespeare, etc. It was hard to read, but very well written and philosophical. He was a smart kid.

Trust me man, doing a lot of adventure sports, I have heard and seen enough things that it really just rattles you if you stop and think about these things. But if there wasn’t danger, in some way, it wouldn’t be real. A lady in our area about two years ago died when she left the car in neutral and it drifted back on her while getting groceries (I’m guessing she was pretty old). There’s the current news story about a college girl in Georgia who fell off a zipline, got a cut from a stick, then picked up a very rare flesh eating bacteria and has lost her ability to speak, both hands and both feet. These everyday sort of things make you want to seal yourself in a bubble. I realize the motorcycle probability of an accident is much higher. We had one of our own handicapped last October on a motorcycle, but I know how I’m wired, and what I need to be happy, and for me, I gotta just block it out and take my chances.

^^ Very well said.

CFAvsMBA, could we get a “YOLO”?

Swannie, I just want to let you know that your new image is staring at me weird.

“STOP LOOKING AT ME, SHWAN!”