what is your progress?

Finished books 1-3 and took a week and a half to review the 10 study sessions (1-9, 18). Onto book 4. Using Schweser only. Keep up the good work guys!

Today my colleagues were talking about the Eurovision song contest; obviously there was something on the telly the day before yesterday but I have completely missed it… Instead I’m working on problem solving (“Challenging Problems” & QBank). I’ve realised the reason why it is so difficult to concentrate: It’s quite honestly very boring to do these problems again and again.

new_world_2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lola and Guhongying: Are you using CFAI > curriculum? Thank you. nope, just Schweser.

Just starting … 8(

I plan on reading the 5 schweser books, but skipping the end-of-chapter questions and the chapter recaps. When I’m done, I’ll go through again and do the recaps. After that, I’ll start on the questions. I started on book 3 (my brother and I are sharing a set of schweser), and I’m only 100 pages into book 4 so far. But I did level 1 in two months, so I’m way ahead of where I was for that.

SanFranMatt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I plan on reading the 5 schweser books, but > skipping the end-of-chapter questions and the > chapter recaps. When I’m done, I’ll go through > again and do the recaps. After that, I’ll start > on the questions. > Not to criticize another’s study methods (I wouldn’t usually say anything)… and obviously you passed L1, but… Even accounting for the fact that we all learn different ways, there is plenty of research to suggest that those “concept checkers” at the end of each reading are a very important tool to reinforcing the ideas you’ve just read. This is why Schwesser is designed this way (the Kaplan people do have Phd.'s who think about this stuff and study these issues). Personally, I aced L1 and never had to “re-read” much of anything. I attribute that mostly to the number of questions I answered for each section as I went through it. I’m sure you could learn well either way, but most people would be better served by reviewing along the way. (and I’d be better served by butting out and getting back to Reading 22!). Just my thoughts.

i would say the same for the CFAI readings, for those determined enough to truck through it… the concepts are well solidified if one takes the time to complete the end of reading problems, despite how long they can be (a la quant).

I just figured out what CFA stands for…am I behind?

finished ethics, quant, and economics…currently working on FSA1.

SanFranMatt. Don’t feel bad. I’m also going through first without doing the questions. Just the way I like to do it. Worked the first time so why not. That being said, I’m done with Ethics, Quant, Econ, and FSA. Starting in on Corp Fin this evening.

Finished FSA yesterday, moving on to Equity/Asset Valuation this evening.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SanFranMatt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I plan on reading the 5 schweser books, but > > skipping the end-of-chapter questions and the > > chapter recaps. When I’m done, I’ll go through > > again and do the recaps. After that, I’ll > start > > on the questions. > > > > Not to criticize another’s study methods (I > wouldn’t usually say anything)… and obviously > you passed L1, but… > > Even accounting for the fact that we all learn > different ways, there is plenty of research to > suggest that those “concept checkers” at the end > of each reading are a very important tool to > reinforcing the ideas you’ve just read. This is > why Schwesser is designed this way (the Kaplan > people do have Phd.'s who think about this stuff > and study these issues). > > Personally, I aced L1 and never had to “re-read” > much of anything. I attribute that mostly to the > number of questions I answered for each section as > I went through it. > > I’m sure you could learn well either way, but most > people would be better served by reviewing along > the way. (and I’d be better served by butting out > and getting back to Reading 22!). > > > Just my thoughts. I suspect most people would get more out of it your way, but my mind just doesn’t work that way. I’m familiar with all of the material from grad school so this is mainly review and refreshing my mind. I feel like I’ll get more out of the questions than the readings, so the readings are more to see what topics are covered. For level 1 it took me so long to get through the first book because I was doing every page, and it wasn’t until when I started only reading the chapters & skipping the rest when I felt like I was progressing. After finishing the readings, that gives me more time (closer to the exam) to do all of the questions and recaps.

Halfway through FSA.

how about this… I finished schweser books for 2nd time ,finished all concept checker in schweser, now half way going through 3rd time, at the same time doing Challenge Problem of schweser notes and CFAI textbox question. Planned to start doing Qbank on Mid of March and finished End of April. Left me about 1 month to do 4th revision of schweser, Practise exam book 1 and 2 and CFA Online exam?

keat1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how about this… > > I finished schweser books for 2nd time ,finished > all concept checker in schweser, now half way > going through 3rd time, at the same time doing > Challenge Problem of schweser notes and CFAI > textbox question. Planned to start doing Qbank on > Mid of March and finished End of April. Left me > about 1 month to do 4th revision of schweser, > Practise exam book 1 and 2 and CFA Online exam? A little over doing it I think…but hey if you have nothing better to do with your spare time.

LongOnCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > keat1979 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > how about this… > > > > I finished schweser books for 2nd time > ,finished > > all concept checker in schweser, now half way > > going through 3rd time, at the same time doing > > Challenge Problem of schweser notes and CFAI > > textbox question. Planned to start doing Qbank > on > > Mid of March and finished End of April. Left me > > about 1 month to do 4th revision of schweser, > > Practise exam book 1 and 2 and CFA Online exam? > > A little over doing it I think…but hey if you > have nothing better to do with your spare time. Well passing lvl 2 is going to be the main objective for this year, i still haven’t got my Investment job in SG yet despite few months of looking after passing lvl 1… Anyway studying has become a routine rather than ordeal, i study 2 and a half hours and one of the weekday and weekend and i still have a full time job

Is it just me or do the Schweser concept checkers seem fairly easy when compared to the CFAI question at the end of each chapter? I can go through the concept checkers no problem. The CFAI text questions seem to be an absolute arse tho… Thoughts?

Jack (o’-'o) Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it just me or do the Schweser concept checkers > seem fairly easy when compared to the CFAI > question at the end of each chapter? > > I can go through the concept checkers no problem. > > The CFAI text questions seem to be an absolute > arse tho… > > Thoughts? My thought is that this is exactly what LI was like… and the actual test fell somewhere in between… So there ya go.

Starting FSA II in class today. Instructor warned that it will be 4 hours long. Woohoo!

Ethis,Quant,Econ,FSA, starting Corporate Finance same strategy prossetti questions on the weekend