What Jobs Hire For Passing CFA Level 1?

Dear All: What jobs/job descriptions should I consider applying for if I passed Level 1 so I can maximize my efficiency looking for jobs? Who is likely to hire me with Level 1 passed that might not hire me without it? -Richard

mickey deez

Your goal should be obtaining a full-time position evaluating and applying financial, economic, or statistical data involving securities or other investments, where you will have direct involvement in the investment decision-making process, or where you will be engaged in responsibilities and/or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process. Hope this helps.

rellison Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dear All: > > What jobs/job descriptions should I consider > applying for if I passed Level 1 so I can maximize > my efficiency looking for jobs? Who is likely to > hire me with Level 1 passed that might not hire me > without it? > > -Richard not an exageration

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mickey deez They were impressed with my career development and hired me part time. Hopefully going to get a full time position after passing L2.

anything you can get

Three years ago being a Level II candidate was far more impressive than it is today. CJones65 is spot on. If you don’t already have one, you should be looking for any position that CFAI would accept as work experience towards your charter.

if you don’t really care too much about the type of job, you almost certainly could get hired by a regional or national brokerage firm as a financial advisor (broker). If you like sales, go for it.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mickey deez > > > They were impressed with my career development and > hired me part time. Hopefully going to get a full > time position after passing L2. i hear you. that used to be me. but now im flipping burgers, and soon i’ll be on fries! another year or two and i make assistant manager…and THATS when the big bucks start rolling in…

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > philip.platt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > SkipE99 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > mickey deez > > > > > > They were impressed with my career development > and > > hired me part time. Hopefully going to get a > full > > time position after passing L2. > > > i hear you. that used to be me. but now im > flipping burgers, and soon i’ll be on fries! > another year or two and i make assistant > manager…and THATS when the big bucks start > rolling in… In-N-Out managers make six figures…I think someone told me that the top paid managers even make over $200K…don’t knock on flipping burgers…specially In-N-Out burgers.

I would try a junion analyst role. I believe Sionna is currently seeking one. Its a great opportunity. Willy

I didn’t too many additional looks simply because I passed level 1. You’ll need to network and get a foot in the door where ever you can. Your previous experience will also contribute to the opportunities that might be available.

Laying carpet.

it depends where you are, in NYC probably not a whole lot of new opportunities but for instance here in Houston it definitely helps.

houston, are there many opportunities in Houston? if you craigslist accounting finance jobs in houston and search for CFA, there are zero job posts. even dallas and austin have more. what are you thoughts on why that is?

nothing on the east coast - move to ohio, i know guys that are doing that, good rsch shops in Cleveland

Halberstram Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rellison Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dear All: > > > > What jobs/job descriptions should I consider > > applying for if I passed Level 1 so I can > maximize > > my efficiency looking for jobs? Who is likely > to > > hire me with Level 1 passed that might not hire > me > > without it? > > > > -Richard > > not an exageration Halberstram? As in Marcus Halberstram?

apply for the position of Financial Advisor at Edward Johns

In this economy, there will probably be a lot less value added to passing the CFA Level 1 exam than in a good economy. But if you pass the CFA Level 2 in the next year and the economy improves, I believe you should expect significant dividends.

daj, Any names in Ohio.I can only think of FTN. Thanks