what the f* is going on with 2009 mock?

I just scored 60% with 2009 mock, the all time low for me, disregard AM or PM. I can’t believe my eyes, I thought I am ready, this hugely devastated myself and tell me I still need a lot to do.

where are people getting these old mocks?

Irishgyy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just scored 60% with 2009 mock, the all time low > for me, disregard AM or PM. > > I can’t believe my eyes, I thought I am ready, > this hugely devastated myself and tell me I still > need a lot to do. Is it Mock or AM session of 2009?

62 or so i scored, dont feel bad, i was devastated too…

I thought it was easy. But 2009 AM (real) killed me and I scored 61%

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought it was easy. But 2009 AM (real) killed > me and I scored 61% If you get 61% in the AM exam on the 5th you will pass easy. Go back and check some of the results from previous years, there were guys with most of their scores <50% who still passed. Granted you will need a good PM score though.

Not that i am a grading expert, but i think you need to do a little better than 60% on the mornings… I am sitting right there right now and i dont feel very comfortable at all… But who really knows tho, like you said, a lot of people have had below 50’s in some areas and gotten thru. Not worth taking that risk tho…

73% But I felt it was harder than some of the other papers I took. I was also time pressured on the 2009 CFAI paper versus the other mocks I took.

I just did it with a relatively good score (49/60) but I think there are serious issues/errors with some questions… For those of you who did it… Please let me know what you think… #41: Question states 1.2B Yen is equivalent to 40M Reals when in fact the FX Rate is 40Y/R… Making 1.2B Yen = 30M Real… (Does not matter that much though as the calculations were based on Yen) #47: The guy needs to convert is current holdings to cash… (Current holdings = MidCap Equities) The answer sheet makes him short an amount of futures equal to his holdings increased at the Rf rate for 3 months divided by futures price. Why can’t we use the formula for Target Beta = 0 = Cash… #53: The question asks for the Max Loss (Credit Spread Fwd) for the APPROPRIATE forward strategy… The portfolio has 18M$ notional worth of bonds & the bank is offering him a credit spread forward with a notional of 20M$… The calculation in the answer sheet is (Credit Spread at Maturity minus Strike)*Risk Factor*20M$… The APPROPRIATE strategy would have been to only enter into 18M$ notional… Not overhedge the risk… Please advise…

not sure what your issue was, i absolutely killed the 2009 mock.

#47 is because he is creating synthetic cash. I also don’t know why you use one or another if they don’t specify the word ‘synthetic’ somewhere in the description/question

^ what was your score?

68% on 2009 Mock with about 5 extremely stupid mistakes… 73% on 2010 with a couple that I should have gotten right… pretty nervous right now… I have been about 65% in the morning sessions, which I think should be enough to get by if I can get the afternoon up to high 70s… what do you think

yeah, if we go 65 in the morning and anything 70 or above in the afternoon, i think we are money.

Good, so I’m not the only one who bombed this. 1/6 in the first derivatives section? Really???

I was on my way to killing this thing until I hit the derivatives section and went 4/12 - wtf??? Ended up with 68% overall after that bloodbath. I’ve done well on derivatives up until now, not sure what happened but I guess I know what I’ll be reviewing next…

Where are you guys getting past mocks?

there is this famous or notorious yield beta question and the 0.25 cash problem in mock 09 I got 1/6 from the global bond set, lol, I could have just put in C and I would have got 3/6 66.667% in total, very very low at the moment

Are you guys talking about past sample exams or mocks? It seems to me that there is only one mock PM online and then 3 mock AMs, and I am not sure how you mark the mock AMs with any real accuracy.

Got 78.3% on 2009 Mock and 80% on 2010 Mock