what to bring to the exam

What can we bring with us to the exam? I know this is dump but just want to really confirm, can we bring Formula sheet? :smiley:

yes bring it. and yes it is dump.

I always enjoy to see what some people bring to the exam. 10 pencils, spare batteries with screwdriver, 2 calculators… But you can’t bring in hardly anything…

you need 240 HB pencils, one per question. (most previous exam takers have recommended a couple spare, also, in case of lead breakage issues.) you can bring in Schweser’s formula sheets, but not Elan’s. that’s why they’re so much more expensive.

^^lol

Secret Sauce is nice to have even though you can’t find every answer there. Sample exams might also be helpful. You need to staple them because a proctor might kick you out if your sample examples start distracting other candidates.

Dont forget to bring caffeine with you if you have been using it to stay awake while studying… While its not cocaine, caffeine withdrawl symptoms would realy mess you up on the exam. That applies to almost anything you have been doing before exam day. Make no changes, you dont know how your body will handle it… I had sushi for the first time before a powerlifting contest, did not go too well…

It’s open book now. I think you’re allowed to bring the curriculum books and your laptop.

anyone experiment with sleeping pills for the night before?

In my opinion, you could bring anything you want, but if you aren’t prepared properly, nothing would help you. And if you are prepared, you won’t need anything but 1 pencil and 1 calculator.

anyone experiment with sleeping pills for the night before? i did, they were working fine before exam, i would study till i feel almost dead and i would pop one so that i dont waste time trying to fall asleep i was using melatonin which is the hormone that makes you sleep on the night before the exam i took three times the usall dosage but failed to fall asleep… the overdose gave me one hell of a headache… so you should try something less natural on the night before the test, something that knocks you out no matter how stressed you are…but again you probably wana test it a few times before…

Yeah I got advice for you dvilayphet free of charge :slight_smile: Get a secret service spy devices like invisible headset (shirt button) for 499.95$ :wink: + IPAD with USSD Gateway swich connectedc to via Inteligent Network with first of TOP500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers which is rumored to be Chinese Tianhe-1A system at the National Supercomputer Center in Tianjin, achieving a performance level of 2.57 petaflop/s (quadrillions of calculations per second) accompanied with all CFA Curriculum 6 VOLUMES … yeah its dump good luck

gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone experiment with sleeping pills for the > night before? > > > i did, they were working fine before exam, i would > study till i feel almost dead and i would pop one > so that i dont waste time trying to fall asleep > > i was using melatonin which is the hormone that > makes you sleep > > on the night before the exam i took three times > the usall dosage but failed to fall asleep… > the overdose gave me one hell of a headache… > > so you should try something less natural on the > night before the test, something that knocks you > out no matter how stressed you are…but again you > probably wana test it a few times before… LOL - last thing I want to do is to experiment the night before the exam.

yeah maybe i should try something out before good call

I’m bringing my new IPAD 2…now faster and extra thin (I’m hoping Apple delivers there new BA II and HP 12c apps by 6/3 so I wouldn’t have to bring a calculator)!!! It’s going to be great having vital source along for the ride!!! Ya gotta love that search function. I’ve been working on getting my searches down below a minute and a half!!!

hey guys, I may be stupid asking this but is the exam actually open book or you are just making fun here.

LOL!!! Its NOT open book and you cannot take no cheat sheets either…

smuggycfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey guys, > > I may be stupid asking this but is the exam > actually open book or you are just making fun > here. If the exam were this easy, everyone and their pet dog would get the charter.

Frankly, if it were open book, I don’t think it would make much difference.

Hank Moody Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Frankly, if it were open book, I don’t think it > would make much difference. Agreed fully. There is just too little time to check your books. It helps a little but not much.