what to do in the final 15 days?

time is running out. I am kind of thinking if I should go over the CFAI books or notes again. have finished book6, and samples, plus Q-bank, twice. I am pretty worn out reading but I think going over notes again in 5 days might be a plan. Now I am taking Q-bank B-lvl questions again, like 60 conceptual ones everyday. what’s yours?

Hello AF… I’ve been studying in isolation ready to go crazy when the proverbial manna from heaven shows up on my computer screen. I know I’m late to the game but hope to be able to contribute something to everyone’s successful test day on June 7th. Regarding your specific question - It sounds like you’ve done all the heavy lifting with reading and insane Q-bank work so my recommendation would be get your hands on additional practice exams so you can in experience real time different ways the material can be tested. In my opinion Q-bank should only be used at this point if you need some help on a specific study session or reading you bombed while taking a practice exam. Schewser has their “evil” book 7 and online exam and it sounds like Stalla has similar material. I’m also going to take the CFAI mock exam next Saturday. In addition to taking practice test and reading Secret Sauce I have yellow pad with 2 pages per study session where I have offloaded all important formulas and relationships gleamed from the online class, Windsor, and study notes. My next step is to rewrite a condensed 1 to 2 page version with only essential formulas or things I can’t remember. I have every damn day mapped out from today until June 7th. My plan in between taking my remaining practice exams is to focus on the specific areas where I stumbled on practice exams [except &%@# derivatives which won’t stop kicking me while I’m down]. Long winded I know but I hope that helps

If you’ve finished book 6, done all Q-bank questions twice and still aren’t confident you will pass I’d say you have a serious problem. If this doesn’t cut it, nothing will. Ever.

wow thats pretty harsh mcpass… haha… Im sure you will do fine… if you have done what you said you have then you will be fine…

attempt to limit # of times I crap my pants in anxiety

ye, I admit that I got serious problem, mental problems on this whole CFA thing*^&*&()*)_POIU(*^*&%&%^*&U

There’s slim to little chance I finish qbank once.

There is no way I will finish half of the q-bank.

I plan to read FI, Derivatives, Portfolio Mgmt and Ethics… better get on with it

you know what! I even have 2007 sample exams. and I found most of them are just carried over to 2008. What a tragedy! what am I supposed to do?

dude. twice?

I will probably get 90% of the qbank done, but twice…that is crazy. What types of scores are you getting after all those questions?

People in here are ridiculous? Exaggerating or plain crazy? Well, then I did the question bank four times and scored 90% on all the practice exams. What am I gonna do now?! C’mon. Let’s be realistic instead of trying to discourage others or brag.

hi, nor_cal1982. I bet you r from Cal, cuz you sound like that type… I am the victim here. Don’t be distracting>???()*_

Yea, nor cal hella sucks man.

when did you start studying for level 2? well done!! for working the question bank twice.

i’m trying to make up for lost time. I’ve put in about 30 hours since Saturday. I plan on doing 4-5 hours each weekday and 7 hours each weekend day until the exam. I’m still getting absolutely murdered on practice exams. I didn’t use the q-bank much this year.

naivejoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > time is running out. > I am kind of thinking if I should go over the CFAI > books or notes again. > have finished book6, and samples, plus Q-bank, > twice. > I am pretty worn out reading but I think going > over notes again in 5 days might be a plan. Now I > am taking Q-bank B-lvl questions again, like 60 > conceptual ones everyday. > > what’s yours? If you were a real man, you’d have gone through q-bank atleast 3 times. Jeez, step it up. This is level II we’re talking about…OK, back to ESPN instead of studying during lunch.

Naivejoe, my plan, having done a fraction of the Qbank, is for the next two/three days hammer all questions in the CFAI study materials…it says very clearly in the summary section of the “how to use CFA program curriculum” that, and this is a direct quote “Frequently, an examination question is also tied to a specific example within a reading or to a SPECIFIC END-OF-READING QUESTION/PROBLEM AND ITS SOLUTION.” so, if you haven’t taken a gander at those, i bet if you do it will be worth a point or three on the 7th–passing and failing happen at the margin, a free couple points is worth a lot. after that task i intend to take a practice exam and then spend a day hammering the study notes on what i missed, then back to practice exams ad nauseam. best of luck.

hi, you all lost the whole point. stop obssessing with the past, be forward looking. my problem is any suggestion on the following 15 days… I hate test, the whole thing just gets me mad, from all that I was NOT able to do…