What topics do you REALLY hate?

And don’t say all! I would say - time series - anything with FX esp indirect/direct nonsense - binomial trees in fixed income - Temporal vs current method ratios

emerging market calcs…I have trouble collating the data and then applying nominal to real rates.

FRA all!! Alt Inv all! Time series currency swaps Residual Income FCF half of PM

I love FRA (!!) in general and Equity but hate a little bit pensions and Private Equity rounds respectively. The first topic I really hate is Corporate Finance and especially the calculations of the CFs, outlays and TNOCF. The second one is Economics. Not the theoretical staff of course, but all the things that have to do with triangular arbitrages and real exchange rates. I also hate Portfolio Management a little bit, which is much more intense than in L1.

Derivatives and most of PM

I love all of it. Its like women. you don’t understand them fully .ever. You love them nonetheless.

On a serious note umm inter corporate investments,all of quant,parts of derivatives,pm.

I liked the binomial model and currency swaps.can’t say I have understood them fully.

Hate exchange parity relations. Hate pension accounting. Kind of hate forwards/futures.

Ethics.

portfolio mgmt, econ, and quant… I hate them all, expecially portfolio mgmt…

I fucking hate ethics. for other topics u can keep doing questions and u will improve. for ethics u cant fking improve!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL 2/6 3/6 FUCKKKKKK

anything with currencies. and anything with numbers. also anything that talks about numbers or finance or currencies.

This chapter of my life

Quant. F test, t stat, mr watson…Thought he was a professional golfer.

I hate problems (ethics and whatnot) which start out saying something along the lines of “Last year Julie Harmon passed the Level 3 CFA exam.” In doing so, they are creating a CFA success story out of thin air. Poof. IMHO, they ought to start the example mentioning the hundreds and hundreds of hours studying and misery that “Julie” went thru to get there. Not to mention however the hell she passed those 3 levels and then can say something as dumb as “My fund can guarantee a mimimum 10% return,” and then also goes and allocates hot IPO shares preferentially to her own account.

I dislike multinational operations, private equity and portfolio mgmt.

Hate treynor-black… it introduces way too many new formulas way too late in the curriculum

efitzpat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate problems (ethics and whatnot) which start > out saying something along the lines of “Last year > Julie Harmon passed the Level 3 CFA exam.” In > doing so, they are creating a CFA success story > out of thin air. Poof. > > IMHO, they ought to start the example mentioning > the hundreds and hundreds of hours studying and > misery that “Julie” went thru to get there. Not to > mention however the hell she passed those 3 levels > and then can say something as dumb as “My fund can > guarantee a mimimum 10% return,” and then also > goes and allocates hot IPO shares preferentially > to her own account. +1

Cfa level 2