what video games you playing? what device?

Yeah, I usually buy a Forza game every 2-3 years. I play it until I’m able to buy all the upgrades for my 1969 Camaro, then it’s so fast I can’t control it and stop playing.

Also, good post ltj. To add to your points, video games are really no different than watching TV or reading a good book. It’s just another form of escapism, which - if done right - comes pretty close to meditation. Unless my k/d ratio falls below 1 when playing COD. Then I lose my chill.

This = no chill.

It goes without needing to be said that gaming will change a lot in the coming years. Virtual reality will make games like CoD that much more immersive (maybe even dangerously for those who are already addicted to certain games, e.g., world of warcraft). Speaking of VR and really immersive games/worlds, anyone here read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline? If you like to game and haven’t, I HIGHLY recommend it (try the audiobook, narrated by Wil Wheaton). Spielberg is directing a movie on it that’s set to release sometime next year.

Yeah, I’ve recommended Ready Player One on here before. Black Swan took me up on the suggestion and read it. Too many '80s references not to be terrific.

But it will still never be as blatantly awesome as splitting a 27inch screen 4 ways in Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Brothers, or GoldenEye.

People no longer need to be in the same physical location to play together, since online gaming works well. In fact, they cannot be in the same location to do this, since everyone’s game console and TV is set up in their separate houses. Surely, this will lead to the break down of social values resulting in anarchy and communism.

This is rather sad if you think about it.

no it is a good supplement thats all.

if you and your mate play the same game youll most definitely play it in the same location and if you dont know anyone in your social circle into GTA or whatever voila you can just go online.

Slappers only. Can’t be Oddjob, obviously.

i still dont understand why pikachu is there in supersmash brothers but no other pokemon character. i mean they could have put mewtwo at the minimum

Didn’t the new ones add like Charizard or something? Pickachu was my go-to in the original, so OP.

My favorite characters are Ice Climbers and Bowser. Also Donkey Kong, because when you are losing, you can commit suicide with the other player.

What’s so sad about it? In 100 years when we have perfectly realistic virtual reality, will you even need to be in the same location? If not, then what are the missing elements in current video games? It’s not as straightforward as one would think.

No personal interaction? No human touch? Can’t wait!

I’m sure they will have some great 3D cat petting simulators :wink:

So pretty much an average weekend for you?

What is personal interaction? Seems like you are making lots of assumptions. What if you can actually feel the touch in VR due to integration with the nervous system?

i wonder why you’re the only troll that gets mad at what I say? Lol

Total Recall, here we come!!!

Which brings me to another question…if you cheat on your wife in virtual reality, is it really cheating? You’re not knocking anybody up or catching the herp or anything.