What will minimum pass score be this year?

Any word on release date?

guess be 65%

Guess 66%…but we will never know…Is there any evidence that it is usually a few percentage points below 70? We can never really tell can we? Hopefully pass rates go up a bit, it’s been constantly down the past few years!

How does anyone know 66%? I feel like that’s too low

I like to think that I should be fine with 2/3 or 66.7% that giv me confidence when I feel I’m struggling …

I think a more appropriate question would be what the % pass rate will be this year, since that’s actually released to the public. I think it will be slightly north of 50% this year.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think a more appropriate question would be what > the % pass rate will be this year, since that’s > actually released to the public. > > I think it will be slightly north of 50% this > year. One can only hope. But that’s a rule kick in the b@lls if you’re not one of chosen ones.

So weird how people have such different perceptions of difficulty. In my opinion, if last year’s pass rate was 46%, this year’s would be closer to 70%. That’s how much easier I thought the AM was this year than last year. Maybe I just got lucky and studied the right things.

I didn’t think AM was too hard. Honestly i don’t think the exam was hard at all, PM or AM. I thought PM was gonna be easier than it was, that’s for sure. The thing with the CFA exams is that it’s the pressure that kills you. They do throw some wtf questions in there but i guarantee if we were sitting in our living rooms taking this exam, we wouldn’t think it was as bad as it was on Saturday.

Hopefully the minimum pass score is below what I scored.

I’m guessing 51% will pass…

Guessing 43%… cyclical bear market on L3 pass rates

I think the pass rate will be in the mid 40’s. Around the same as last year. Seemed like a lot of people were banking on their afternoon scores to carry them through and the PM was pretty tough.

seemorr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So weird how people have such different > perceptions of difficulty. In my opinion, if last > year’s pass rate was 46%, this year’s would be > closer to 70%. That’s how much easier I thought > the AM was this year than last year. > Maybe I just got lucky and studied the right > things. Overheard a lot of people talking around me who didn’t get done. Lots seemed to say they were getting stuck. If you don’t finsih a proble, or two score has to be bad.

I personally finished both session with 15 minutes to spare each time. On hindsight, I should have utilised a little more time to cacth school boy errors and got a couple more correct answers in the PM. But overall I felt it was a good exam. PM slightly harder than expected with a few obscurities thrown in.

overconfidence bias tells me to broaden my range. I say pass rate anywhere from 30% - 75%… that should cover it? you think?

there is no way pass rate will be 70%, those days are long gone. might go up to 50, but that is about it.

yeah, 70% and above would be tough, but like they tell us to test for worst case scenarios, how about including some best case scenarios as well :slight_smile:

mpr4437 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guessing 43%… cyclical bear market on L3 pass > rates The existence of a trend is not enough to predict it will continue

wake up and smell the coffee everyone… you have to be shooting 80% this year… if you don’t think CFA has a vested interest in keeping the # of charterholders down, you are naive… these guys know a thing or two about brand management and devaluation… the charter is already worth a fraction of what it did a decade ago… 35% to 40% pass rate this year. now, enjoy your summer…