What will minimum pass score be this year?

“the charter is already worth a fraction of what it did a decade ago” Nope, it is known to be far tougher

Difference between pass rate and minimum score. Minimum score, we’ll never know. It’s said that no one with 70% or above have ever failed which seems like a good starting point. 70% is fair grasp of the majority of content and it would be hard for the institute to rationalize failing someone with more than that. If NO ONE w/70% or above has ever failed, we can assume that year to year min. score is at most around 65-70% depending on difficulty. Pass rate has been trending down in last 10 years. Before '95 it was always above 70% level III candidates would pass, now it’s down to about 55%. Is the institute intentionally trying to keep numbers low, maybe somewhat. They may be looking at preservation of charter, but why spend so much in ad space just to alienate people with an impossible test? I’d be willing to bet that much is due to increase in foreign candidates and the language barrier. If english is your primary language and you were under a time constraint, think about someone who is not fluent.

By the way they also get $500 dollars per membership per year. I personally think that is kind of expensive

68% MPS 47% Pass Rate - congrats to the other 46 / 100 guys + me (I hope!!!)!

I thought the MPS stays the same (70). No? What is the rationale behind changing the MPS?

Ashwin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought the MPS stays the same (70). No? What is > the rationale behind changing the MPS? No, they set the MPS based on the exam. It’s alleged to have never been above 70%, but it’s not released so who the hell knows…

The MPS will be mid 60s as usual. Everyone thinks the exam was not that difficult, but trust me when you get your scores back you will be shocked by how bad your scores are…

^I guess people who pass don’t really care about their score breakdown.

Soccertom9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The MPS will be mid 60s as usual. Everyone thinks > the exam was not that difficult, but trust me when > you get your scores back you will be shocked by > how bad your scores are… I didn’t think the exam was easy, at all. I just don’t think it was too difficult to pass. With that said, if I didn’t make the cut, I won’t be shocked but I will be shocked if i’m band 7. Kicking myself for some stupid mistakes on the am section.

MPS: 80%, pass rate: 40% I observe that people here found the exam was quite easy, I expect that passing score will be relatively higher than during tougher times.

big ML Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the pass rate will be in the mid 40’s. > Around the same as last year. Seemed like a lot > of people were banking on their afternoon scores > to carry them through and the PM was pretty tough. I found the AM to be easy. But inspite of it being easy, I am pretty sure I messed up . However, I found the PM very straightforward except 1 item set where I think I must have got atlest 3-4 wrong out of 6. If I pass, I would conclude it is for the following reasons: 1. I would have done better in the PM 2. Even though I screwed up in AM, everyone else in same boat. After reading this forum, I think most people are saying, either they found AM too easy or too difficult due to time constraint. I havent heard of a middle ground yet.

MPS will be higher this year compared to prior years. - AM was much easier compared to prior years. I can see people getting 80s and maybe low 90s on AM. - While PM was harder there will be some people who get 57/60 or 58/60. MPS should be low to mid 60s while in prior years it was close to high 50s to low 60s. I expect the passing rate to be in the mid to high 40s.

bipolar are you a grader??sorry for the expression but anyone who thinks that a candidate is able to get low 90s in the am part is kind of crazy…this is just not possible,i mean if you are going to make a prediction at least keep it realistic…no one in the world will get low 90s in the morning just because the answers that you think are correct will not get full points because nobody can recite the curriculum and answer a short answer question with the exact phrase required…those which you think you got full marks you did not,and also those you think you got at least half of it partial credit never going to happen… so low 90s??nobody ever…and i mean EVER,try mid 60s or at max a 70 in the am part and the pm max 80

I read somewhere or I think JDV had mentioned that the highest scores year-over-year ranged in the low to mid 80’s in the AM section.

i’m not a grader and yes i was anchoring and adjusting JDV’s statement about high score ranges of 80s. 2011 exam was easier then 2010, 2008, 2007 but probably not as easy as 2009.

Just did a simple average of the numbers people posted. So consensus is MPS: 68% Pass rate: 44% MPS had one out lier because someone put 80% as the MPS which is kind of ridiculous. If that is replaced with 70%, MPS becomes 67%. I think these numbers sound pretty reasonable.

At 67% I am a fail. for re-takers for next year’s exam , let’s continue with our mission !

No no…at 67% you should be a pass because I adjusted data for outliers :D…or your ethics score will come into play…:stuck_out_tongue:

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hopefully the minimum pass score is below what I > scored. +1 cuz