what would you do?

helping a college freshman on his career search. he asked if I could set up a info session with our HR. I did and she was impressed. plans on offering him an winter internship on a trading desk. she asked for his resume which he said he would send. been one week now , no resume and she is asking me. should I just cut the kid off and tell her he is no longer looking?

Have you told the kid? I would call him and say get it to her within the hour or don’t ever call or talk to me again. Totally rude, unacceptable, and disrespectful. Unless he had some type of valid emergency.

Tell Jeffrey Chiang to go to hell. That is unacceptable. You went out on a limb to get this kid talking to the right people.

Ask the kid if he is pursuing different opportunities, Its kinda embarrassing to first act as a mediator and then be let down. If he stills acts ignorant I would kick him in the balls.

college freshman? man, I was still smoking dubies and fn my high school gf back then. why the hell would I want to work (ie get coffee for the traders).

its my brother in law. no way in hell could he set this up on his own. he likes the $$ but not the hard work. I guess its my fault but he actually came correct and interviewed well. he just has not followed up and got his $hit done.

and yes I told him. HR came by and asked me about it in passing. Honestly it is not a major deal breaker but makes me look bad. I did not know and called him and let him have it. venting now I know but I would of gave my left nut for this chance when I was 18

I’m not sure if I would admit to getting owned by an 18 year old.

I call this your deposit in a Favor Bank. If he comes back and talks to HR, he owes you a return. If he does not come back to you or HR, he owes you an even higher return. And if he refuses owing you anything, then he is a big counterparty risk and no more deposits for him in Favor Bank.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not sure if I would admit to getting owned by > an 18 year old. haha

I would at least email him and ask what’s up.

email him? I went to his house

What the little brat in defense of himsel goldenboy?

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not sure if I would admit to getting owned by > an 18 year old. I’m not sure I would have given my left nut…

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m not sure if I would admit to getting owned > by > > an 18 year old. > > I’m not sure I would have given my left nut… right?

Now yer talkin’

what did he say?

Just give him some time. He needs it to fudge his resume.

Step 1) Forget about Step 2) Set up info session with HR for me Step 3) ??? Step 4) I send my resume Step 5) Profit

Nuppal…you definitely either surf the bb.com misc or 4chan!