what would you do?

based on the subject line i expected more conversation about klondike bars.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope he comes around. He has no clue what I do > and how hard it is to get a job right now. He just > wants to make as much $$$ with the least amount of > work. Me too?

STOP THE PRESSES!!! An 18 year-old who just arrived at college doesn’t understand the rigor of the financial services job search???! The horror! He should be shot. Is it just me or does Goldenboy almost seem insulted that his BIL doesn’t understand just how esteemed and connected he is? And how hard it was for him to get where he is?

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STOP THE PRESSES!!! An 18 year-old who just > arrived at college doesn’t understand the rigor of > the financial services job search!!! WTF, goldenboy you never mentioned that all your in-laws were on this forum.

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STOP THE PRESSES!!! An 18 year-old who just > arrived at college doesn’t understand the rigor of > the financial services job search!!! The horror! > He should be shot. > > Is it just me or does Goldenboy almost seem > insulted that his BIL doesn’t understand just how > esteemed and connected he is? And how hard it was > for him to get where he is? he doesnt and either do you so who cares. how hard? doubt it

Good you’re OK. I thought you were in the emergency room.

hahahaha

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > STOP THE PRESSES!!! An 18 year-old who just > arrived at college doesn’t understand the rigor of > the financial services job search!!! The horror! > He should be shot. > > Is it just me or does Goldenboy almost seem > insulted that his BIL doesn’t understand just how > esteemed and connected he is? And how hard it was > for him to get where he is? This post, full of ignorance. For some its much harder than others. People tend to romanticize the easy story and play down the hard one. Its just a fact of life.

Seriously. The kid arrived at college like 2 months ago. Cut him some slack. Should he have gotten the resume to you sooner? Yeah, especially since you put yourself out there. I’m not saying he’s perfect, but you seem a wee bit unreasonable. Nuppal calling me ignorant. Wow, now that’s funny stuff right there. Nuppal, shouldn’t you be f-ing some 16 year-old and posting her picture on public messageboards?

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Seriously. The kid arrived at college like 2 > months ago. Cut him some slack. Should he have > gotten the resume to you sooner? Yeah, especially > since you put yourself out there. I’m not saying > he’s perfect, but you seem a wee bit > unreasonable. > i tend to agree.

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Seriously. The kid arrived at college like 2 > months ago. Cut him some slack. Should he have > gotten the resume to you sooner? Yeah, especially > since you put yourself out there. I’m not saying > he’s perfect, but you seem a wee bit > unreasonable. > > Nuppal calling me ignorant. Wow, now that’s funny > stuff right there. Nuppal, shouldn’t you be f-ing > some 16 year-old and posting her picture on public > messageboards? I dont see how your ignorance relates to me f-ing girls. Besides, I probably gave you some material to rub one out to. Yes, your post was ignorant. Everyone does not have an equal shot at getting into the industry.

@CFA2GRUNT I’m not trying to call you out, i’m just sayin that some people have to work 2x as hard to see the regular return and some people can work .5x as hard and see normal return.

First off, I’m female, so your story and posted photos of some under-age girl really didn’t do much for me s*xually and just made me think you’re a raging d-bag. I will agree with you that not everyone has an equal shot at getting into this industry. What I objected to were the replies that suggested an 18 year-old had his head up his arse if he didn’t realize that an internship in financial services at 19 was something to be worshipped. Do you even know that this kid WANTS to be in financial services? (Yes, there are people who would hate working in our industry.) It’s very possible that this is one of a million career paths that this boy is considering at this point in his life. I tend to agree with Topher’s advice. A sit-down with the kid (and it sounds like goldenboy did this) to explain the financial services job search and to tell the kid how he extended himself on the kid’s behalf is a good idea. The kid might be so swept up in college stuff and mid-terms that he didn’t even realize how he’d erred in not getting the resume going quickly. I can understand why goldenboy was annoyed, and it sounds like he handled it.

CFA2Grunt sup girl?

I’m waiting for the “pics or you don’t exist” post…

cfa2grunt, why did you just reveal your gender? I’m waiting for IHIHM to pounce…

Hey goldenboy, if I marry your sis, will you set me up an interview? Cheers.

my sis is 6 years old a$$hole

Answer the question.

no hahaha